UGN Security
Posted By: Gremelin Board Section - Reviews - 07/04/04 03:47 PM
Recently we've given thought to software and movie reviews; you can never find a good movie review site as most of them cater to one type of movie; same goes for Music and software/hardware.

What would you think of a small reviews section here at UGN? We'd of coarse start off with 3 sections with possible expansion.

These sections would be:
Computer Related Reviews (Software/Hardware)
Movie Reviews
Music Reviews
Hardware Reviews

Not sure how we'd go about it; we may label it as:
Hardware & Electronics Reviews
Movies & Music Reviews
Software & Gaming

And leave room for expansion...

What do you all think? Please choose one of the options in the poll and please make a comment so we can see what everyone thinks. Also, sugguestions are also welcome (what other reviews would you like to see?).

Also, if you're interested in modding any of the three sections; please make sure that we have your Moderation Application from http://jobs.undergroundnews.com/ and send me a PM.
Posted By: §intå× Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/04/04 04:48 PM
voted yes
Posted By: Red Mage Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/05/04 08:47 AM
w00t
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/05/04 10:19 AM
The poll will be open through next saturday.
Posted By: Red Mage Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/05/04 11:31 AM
What's wrong with this picture?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/05/04 01:48 PM
Yeh, well it's because of the resizing of the table lol; on Ian's site, their all the same size...
Posted By: pergesu Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/05/04 01:55 PM
Um, looks fine to me. Maybe your browser just sucks.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/05/04 02:35 PM
Looks fine for me as well; was just tryin to come up with an explanation other than telling him that he's a fag :-/
Posted By: ? Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/05/04 08:47 PM
yes, just what the underground needs. Reviews for the things this capitalistic society feeds us in order to keep our minds occupied and entertained and too busy to think for ourselves. w00t w00t
Posted By: pergesu Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/06/04 02:03 AM
I was the first person to vote no :x
Posted By: ? Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/06/04 02:35 AM
i voted no too
Posted By: Red Mage Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/06/04 04:49 AM
What I'm saying about the image I posted is that the bars for 1 and 4 are the same size.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/06/04 07:19 AM
Doesn't matter:
1. they can be organized by color.
2. they can be organized by number.
Posted By: dashocker Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/06/04 07:27 AM
I think it would be a good thing. Especially when related to software. Places like download.com have user review sections, but these reviews often come from people who have little computer knowledge. They give software 1 star because they can't figure out how it works. It gets real annoying real fast. People could even request reviews before they buy. It would generate some good board activity.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/06/04 07:45 AM
Also, if you're interested in modding any of the three sections; please make sure that we have your Moderation Application from http://jobs.undergroundnews.com/ and send me a PM.
Posted By: Red Mage Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/07/04 08:47 AM
Quote:
yes, just what the underground needs. Reviews for the things this capitalistic society feeds us in order to keep our minds occupied and entertained and too busy to think for ourselves
Ah, but if we write reviews, it would require some thought? wink
Posted By: unreal Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/08/04 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ?:
yes, just what the underground needs. Reviews for the things this capitalistic society feeds us in order to keep our minds occupied and entertained and too busy to think for ourselves. w00t w00t
I was about to go into n00b-flame mode before I saw it was you, DAK. Carry on. smile
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/08/04 07:06 PM
rotfl... givin newbert exception!
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/08/04 07:08 PM
Well, I think it's safe to say that the yes' have it... Since I doubt 10 users are going to magically vote no... unless of coarse their Ghost...
Posted By: Chameleon Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/09/04 11:52 AM
This is an awesome idea i would love to write reviews on games and software!! how soon are you guys going to set this up?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/09/04 12:28 PM
It's setup now; see the "Reviews" section of the board.
Posted By: ? Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/10/04 01:17 AM
excuse my quick use of sarcasm, I was imagining a UGN in which we can have secret boards and clubs to hatch shadowy plans on taking over the world and exposing the corparate and political world of greed and coruption fueled by the ever-present thirst for power that exists in this so called reality, or illusion of reality which is being shaped and twisted by the white male. BUT, reviewing video games is fine with me too.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/10/04 06:59 AM
Heh, who sais we don't? Remember the anarchy section? It's still there...
Posted By: ? Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/10/04 10:17 AM
I ph33r the anarchy section. actually, I don't think I've ever looked at or posted in the anarchy section. violence is just not my style.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Board Section - Reviews - 07/14/04 08:54 PM
comsider yourself reveiewed.. Just put up 15 or so...
© UGN Security Forum