UGN Security
Posted By: Gollum Hey! Zip up that RIMM RAM! - 02/03/04 11:28 AM
ok, i know i'm gonna be branded completely immature for posting this. but i seriously thought this was funny while reading it. i attribute it to my boredom at the time, or my immaturarity...or perhaps just both. but hey, i'm a guy, why wouldn't i take this the wrong way. anyway, i'm about to take an a+ test, and figured i'd study up b4 i do. so i'm reading this book and this is an excerpt about installing ram into a computer.

"DIMM and RIMM sticks need to go into their sockets vertically. You'll note on the motherboard that the guide notches on the sockets match up to the notches on the RAM to prevent you from inserting it the wrong way. All three RAM sticks pictures are roughly the same size--roughly 5 inches wide--but the notches enable you to install each only in the proper slot.
"Before you install a DIMM or RIMM into a slot, make sure the RAM retention clips at either end of the socket are pushed completely outward. Holding your RAM by the edges, position it above the RAM socket and press it straight down into the slot with gentle pressure. When the RAM is fully inserted, the retention clips will swing up and engage the retention notches in the outside edges of the RAM. Snap the clips firmly into place, and you're done.
"Barring ESD, there's not a lot to go wrong with installing DIMMs or RIMMs. The main thing to look for is improper seating. If the retention clip doesn't engage fully, then your RAM stick isn't inserted completely. Double-check your positioning, and insert the RAM again. If it doesn't go in easily, you're not in the right position."
//
Posted By: jonconley Re: Hey! Zip up that RIMM RAM! - 02/03/04 04:09 PM
lol
Posted By: IceMyst Re: Hey! Zip up that RIMM RAM! - 02/03/04 05:00 PM
you right gollum that was immature but takes a very sick person, like me and every one else on here, to get the other meaning of that exert. very good for noticeing it. anymore like that one? lmao!!!
Posted By: Mornse Re: Hey! Zip up that RIMM RAM! - 02/04/04 01:25 AM
hah
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Hey! Zip up that RIMM RAM! - 02/04/04 04:43 AM
.....I honestly don't find anything funny about that, but yeah, ok!
Posted By: unreal Re: Hey! Zip up that RIMM RAM! - 02/04/04 05:48 AM
Geek! laugh
Posted By: IceMyst Re: Hey! Zip up that RIMM RAM! - 02/04/04 08:03 AM
shinobi you dont find it funny because your not as perverted like me and gollum....
© UGN Security Forum