UGN Security
Posted By: Ghost Optix - 11/01/03 02:15 PM
Ok i havent been here at UGN very long so i dont know about this. My quesion is; Who is optix and why does every one hate him? i read this from giz's bio on staff.undergroundnews.com. Please dont flame me laugh
Posted By: fleshwound Re: Optix - 11/02/03 01:38 AM
hahaha.. oh optix.... undergroundnews used to be owned by BlackBeard. Optix was one of the moderators here in those days. He had a huge God complex and was completely powertripping. He would ban people for no reason, close topics for no reason and tell lies to people. he was an over all [censored]. he also banned people from the IRC chat multiple times just because they didn't kiss his [censored]. he thought he was super elite... but he really wasn't. so most people hate him because he never contributed anything to UGN except for drama. he was a total drama queen/ scene whore. i think most people that were here then had personal run-ins with Optix. but then lovely little Gizmo took over UGN and Optix's [censored] was outta here. Gizmo has since turned this board from soap opera drama time into something good. yay!

so that's the story with Optix. Perhaps I forgot a few things, so others can add to my description of Corey (Optix) when they get the chance!
Posted By: Asteos Re: Optix - 11/02/03 02:21 AM
He was from hawaii.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Optix - 11/02/03 03:02 AM
Blackbeard was the ex owner and entrusted pretty much every aspect of UGN to Optix when he got busy, so it was quite easy for optix to do just about anything that he deamed worthy to change, which generally meant people, especially women, hence why we only had 1-3 and theid generally leave, except lil fleshy over there.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Optix - 11/02/03 03:06 AM
I like optix. And you know me, I kiss no one's [censored].
Posted By: Ghost Re: Optix - 11/02/03 03:07 AM
heh ok thanks
Posted By: dashocker Re: Optix - 11/02/03 08:38 AM
Optix did ban SR from the UBB for "hacking" one time though... *snicker* Good times, good times...
Posted By: Imperial Re: Optix - 11/02/03 09:14 AM
I liked Optix
Posted By: Mornse Re: Optix - 11/02/03 10:33 AM
I had nothing against him.
Posted By: fleshwound Re: Optix - 11/02/03 11:40 AM
eh.. maybe it was just me then. but i thought he was an [censored]. he talked a lot of [censored] about me for some reason.... it was weird considering that i don't really even know him. i think he just got bored and decided to be a dick to me. oh well.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Optix - 11/02/03 03:00 PM
i didn't like him too much at times, I offered icedog full admin's on the board and optix moderatorship, ice accepted but optix stated that he was leaving and taking ice with, ice never came back...
Posted By: Infinite Re: Optix - 11/02/03 10:07 PM
I wasn't involved in this, nor do I care to be. This is ancient history, and IMHO has no place on this board anymore. I'm closing this topic due to the fact that it is an over discussed topic, and completely irrelevant to what is happening at UGN today.

Giz and SR: If you really feel this topic should remain open then I'll respect your wishes, but I really don't see why this needs to be discussed further.

Infinite
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Optix - 11/03/03 05:20 AM
I'll leave it closed though I don't see any reason (checks to make sure it's in off topic). Yep, I don't see any reason. I needed to make another comment though. It was not optix who banned me from the board. It was IceDog who banned me from the board and IRC. He and I are cool now though.

While moderators have the right to close a topic. Just for future note to posters... You may post topics in the off topic forum that may not be relevent to UGN today or have no true *point* other than to talk about something. Infinite may have closed this topic cause he was afraid it would turn into optix bashing behind his back which is disrespectful. I don't think it quite made it to that point however.
© UGN Security Forum