UGN Security
Posted By: Moffesto UGN Blocked at School - 10/22/02 02:19 AM
I come back from a week of fall break and get on the boards and they r blocked by the proxy or something.... i get this message.

http://www26.brinkster.com/hurley85/[censored].html
Posted By: Le4rner Re: UGN Blocked at School - 10/22/02 05:34 AM
http://66.227.6.242/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

Try that and see if they just blocked the URL. heh some of the blocking software out there can be gotten around real easy.
Posted By: Energy Re: UGN Blocked at School - 10/22/02 11:25 AM
I certainly wouldn't want you to break any security policies, but there are many free services out there to let you avoid web blockers. Pick your poison at:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=anonymous+web+surfing
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: UGN Blocked at School - 10/22/02 05:08 PM
ewww Moff so sorry to hear that, really sox !!!

You saw that thing "Illegal Message Boards"

that's why it's a great privilege to be a [censored] school admin youself - like me wink .

Learner's link will probably work, if not and if you still wanna access the boards from school we can find a solution for that too pretty easy.
coz as Energy said there are many services/progs and so on to let you avoid web blockers.

Hope you wont get busted or [censored] coz school admins are always scared to death about everything. Now i recall about what happend to my friend "metaphyber" one day in his school, he was just browsing on his comp and then he clicked on something which was the ITS Server, but he didn't knew that, and the [censored] was programed that way that it asked for a password, but you could CANCEL without entering a passwod, so he entered a random one just so he can pass that, but it of course said the password is incorrect and ask him to type it again, he did this way 3 times, untill it finally kicked him out. Than he got called at the school office or something and they told him that he was trying to PENETRATE the ITS Server, can you guys believe that ?? Being acused for something you didn't do and didn't even intend doing, these stuff suck pretty much.

bp
Posted By: Moffesto Re: UGN Blocked at School - 10/22/02 09:37 PM
well, this [censored] is at my vocational school and every class has a computer and most teachers are idiots about them so i think i could easily use something.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: UGN Blocked at School - 10/23/02 01:02 AM
http://curse.undergroundnews.com/school.htm smile ...
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: UGN Blocked at School - 10/23/02 06:22 AM
heh Giz that search thing wasn't workin i think lol. but i found this thing so crazy and funny.

"What is the deal with Curse from UGN, I mean seriously, what the hell???" -- Jerry Seinfeld

hahahhaa..
Posted By: Gremelin Re: UGN Blocked at School - 10/23/02 07:10 AM
no, its not a search, its supposed to LOOK like a search, enter in a URL.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: UGN Blocked at School - 10/23/02 07:50 AM
ohh now i undersand.

Thats why when i entered any keyword in the status bar it was like "Finding Site: computers"
or something like that.

btw, why the title is something about Harvard University ??

bp
Posted By: Le4rner Re: UGN Blocked at School - 10/23/02 08:25 AM
Very sneaky...

Quote:

btw, why the title is something about Harvard University ??
Well think about it. You are a system admin who's job is to keep kids off naughty sights. You come across this and don't think twice because it is educational. However if they have blocked the domain undergroundnews.com it would do no good.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: UGN Blocked at School - 10/23/02 07:39 PM
I doubt theid block us via the domain, probably keywords.
Posted By: Curse Re: UGN Blocked at School - 10/23/02 08:29 PM
I am moving that school.htm to my Comcast account because my girl friend's school blocks UGN's domain name smirk
Posted By: Gremelin Re: UGN Blocked at School - 10/23/02 09:57 PM
keep a copy on ugn as a safety frown
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: UGN Blocked at School - 10/24/02 07:16 AM
damn i really don't get it, why they're blockin UGN at schools ? i guess we're not doing anything illegal here, aren't we Giz ?

Goddamnit to hell !!

bp
Posted By: Moffesto Re: UGN Blocked at School - 11/02/02 06:06 AM
welp, nothing posted so far has seemed to get passed this "great" website censor [censored] piece of [censored] [censored] hole.
Posted By: Curse Re: UGN Blocked at School - 11/02/02 07:28 AM
Moffy, take the code from my
"search" page and put it on an angel fire account...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: UGN Blocked at School - 11/02/02 02:58 PM
How about this, what "censor" are they using :x... If they were using netnanny the default password is ~frontdoor wink ...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: UGN Blocked at School - 11/03/02 11:25 AM
Try:

http://blocked.cjb.net

I have it forwarding to my angelfire account which has curses initial [censored] on his school.htm page.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: UGN Blocked at School - 11/03/02 01:52 PM
huh i hate .cjb.net sooo much. It sucks

bp
Posted By: Moffesto Re: UGN Blocked at School - 11/03/02 07:06 PM
they are using some n2h2 [censored] or something, its damn good. I tried looping sites but n2h2 blocked them... they have control of like everything.
Posted By: jonconley Re: UGN Blocked at School - 11/04/02 08:28 AM
n2h2 bess. www.n2h2.com. Its the filtering choice of the government and schools. Good luck. Hell it even bans proxy sites (if you are lcuky enough to have privileges set to configure internet options proxy, but that works.
© UGN Security Forum