top 25 posters

Posted by: BackSlash

top 25 posters - 10/23/02 01:06 PM

i don't want to sound like someone obssesed with post count, but i do miss the option to sort the user list by top posters. maybe i'm just doing something wrong, not sure, but i'd like that feature back.
Posted by: SilentRage

Re: top 25 posters - 10/23/02 02:31 PM

the feature never left. Just go to the Member List and click "Post #" header field to sort by it.

Re: top 25 posters - 10/23/02 03:39 PM

right, but that just allows you to type in a number such as 2 and see all the members who have a post number with the number two in it. it doesn't sort the group from top to bottom, least i can't get it to
Posted by: SilentRage

Re: top 25 posters - 10/23/02 03:52 PM

now assume that I know what you're talking about, and know what I'm talking about, and forget what you think you know. If you click on the LINK "Post #" (it is a HEADER) then you'll get the list of members sorted by post count. Here's a direct link in case you can't figure it out.

http://www.undergroundnews.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=memberlist;vie w=2;sort=postnum

one thing I can't blame ya for though. It isn't obvious. I had to go through the source code to figure out how to get the list to sort properly. Then I discovered the link.

Re: top 25 posters - 10/23/02 05:55 PM

ahh, i see now, you have to click on the header, i was lookin for the old way with the drop down box. thanks
Posted by: Gremelin

Re: top 25 posters - 10/23/02 07:45 PM

Yeh well i figured this way would be easier to understand lol...
Posted by: Rapture

Re: top 25 posters - 10/23/02 08:14 PM

post count = worthless #
Posted by: Gremelin

Re: top 25 posters - 10/23/02 08:47 PM

Post Count = how serious users are for positions ...
Posted by: black^Pimp

Re: top 25 posters - 10/24/02 12:38 AM

Post Count = Probably a feature that's mostly usefull to admins to determine some things about users etc.

bp
Posted by: ohfuk

Re: top 25 posters - 10/29/02 05:52 PM

jesus BP, your at 327. your newer then me, and im still new. you registered last fucking month. at this rate, in a year, youll have more then gizmo. damn

Re: top 25 posters - 10/29/02 06:13 PM

blackpimp finds a way to divide his posts into four seperate posts, in turn raising his post count.

Re: top 25 posters - 10/30/02 12:53 AM

woowoow hold down there guys.. wait a min.

Yes ohfuk it's fuckin true i'm on 330 or something.. but wtf man, that shouldn't be a problem, this is a BULLETIN BOARD right ? It was created so that people can post their opionins and blla blla blla so on... so that's just what i'm doing, i reply whenever i feel like to it..

btw BS i don't really think that's true.. i use the fuckin EDIT/DELETE POST icon a lot...

so i guess this really isn't a problem, seriously postcount doesn't mean anything to me, i post because i want to post that's all.

hope i was clear enough.

bp
Posted by: unreal

Re: top 25 posters - 10/30/02 01:08 AM

Tell you the truth, mods/globals/admins couldn't give a rat's ass about your post count. What really counts is your content.

Re: top 25 posters - 10/30/02 01:21 AM

and who said i don't agree with unreal ? that's the whole truth.

bp
Posted by: Moffesto

Re: top 25 posters - 10/30/02 04:10 PM

I agree, i have alot of post and yet i prolly dunno as much as half the ppl here, tho i try.