UGN Security
Posted By: Titanium Fox Encryption Forum - 06/06/03 11:52 PM
Or do you plan on letting everyone have everything you work on smile
Posted By: pergesu Re: Encryption Forum - 06/07/03 12:56 AM
All the people I know that actively code, namely SilentRage, Infinite, visage, and me, all release our code open source.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Encryption Forum - 06/07/03 06:08 AM
My code is closed source. Check out the programming forums though for all the programming needs.
Posted By: Titanium Fox Re: Encryption Forum - 06/07/03 09:11 AM
almost 1000 members and 5 programmers. Where has this world gone to?
Posted By: ObiWan Re: Encryption Forum - 06/07/03 03:02 PM
I guess that makes me number 6.
Posted By: pergesu Re: Encryption Forum - 06/07/03 04:02 PM
Almost 1000 members and 5 programmers? I don't know that we're the only 5 people on this board that code. I highly doubt we are. I just named the people that I talk with the most on this board, and in IRC, that I know program.
Posted By: Titanium Fox Re: Encryption Forum - 06/07/03 08:30 PM
hrm ok.. to specify this more... to encrypt files. or to decrypt them (or do most of you use cracking scripts/programs)

Also do you know what kind of jobs you can do if you're doing encyrption. (or do most of you hope time stops and stay 15)
Posted By: dashocker Re: Encryption Forum - 06/07/03 11:28 PM
Of all the people perg just mentioned, none are 15. He was speaking about the members he knew of that program AND released their work as open source. I program, Infinite programs, it goes on and on. Most just program for themselves. However, a select few have the dedication to make and release quality work to the rest of us. We here at UGN believe in real "hacking" principles like open source. Therefore encryption isn't necessary for copyright protection. You, however, could actually make a difference and overwhelm us with knowledge on the many uses and aspects of encryption, which could lead to a cause for making a specific forum. BTW, warez is strictly prohibited by UGN policy.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Encryption Forum - 06/08/03 06:26 AM
::raises brow:: My god, us yelling at dash for Warez finally kicked in?
Posted By: spectre Re: Encryption Forum - 06/08/03 07:36 PM
Quote:

Of all the people perg just mentioned, none are 15.
Technically thats not true. I am 15. But the rest are not!
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Encryption Forum - 06/12/03 09:35 PM
I'm trying to figure out what the suggestion was. To create an encryption forum? It's too specific. Encryption related topics that don't belong under a programming forum or is specific to windows or unix, may be placed in the general forum. If you are WRITING an encryption algorithm or something, and would like to keep the source to yourself, but want help with it, track down members who may have knowledge in that area and speak to them in private.

The last thing we need is more forums. heh
© UGN Security Forum