UGN Security
Posted By: Artic Warrior Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/23/05 10:38 AM
I wanted to put up a poll on this question... Who here mainly uses Firefox, Internet Explorer, or other? If its 'other' then name it!
Also who here would, if are using something other then IE, switch back to it if IE7 is satisfactory?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/23/05 01:54 PM
UGN Security Stats:
Most used browsers
Most used OS\'
Posted By: §intå× Re: Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/23/05 11:50 PM
I use Foxfire, IE7 would have to be much better than Foxfire for me to switch back, that integrated piece of [censored] has given me more bugs and malware. The fact it is so interwoven into the OS I find it a security threat. I do not think your browser should be able to make registry changes.

Foxfire is nice. I have some issues with its some of the addons. The core browser however is standards friendly, makes a nice companion for development, Has gotten me addicted to tabed browsing, Is fast and light weight, Most of all, it is secure. If it isn't secure the patch will be out within a month. Open source is the way to go.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/24/05 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by �int��:
I use Foxfire, IE7 would have to be much better than Foxfire for me to switch back, that integrated piece of [censored] has given me more bugs and malware. The fact it is so interwoven into the OS I find it a security threat. I do not think your browser should be able to make registry changes.

Foxfire is nice. I have some issues with its some of the addons. The core browser however is standards friendly, makes a nice companion for development, Has gotten me addicted to tabed browsing, Is fast and light weight, Most of all, it is secure. If it isn't secure the patch will be out within a month. Open source is the way to go.
i concourr
Posted By: KillHour Re: Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/24/05 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo:
i concourr
Hehe, Giz sounds drunk :p
Posted By: §intå× Re: Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/24/05 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shadow516:
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo:
[b] i concourr
Hehe, Giz sounds drunk :p [/b]
heh shadow516 said sounds on a BBS. he appears to be tripping.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/24/05 03:18 AM
I just talked to rusty on the phone, i don't sound too drunk wink
Posted By: Infinite Re: Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/24/05 03:34 AM
Firefox.

I would never go back to IE. It's not an option for me as I don't run windows.

BTW, Opera is free now...
Posted By: §intå× Re: Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/24/05 06:28 AM
No ads anymore?
Posted By: Girlie Re: Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/24/05 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by �int��:
No ads anymore?
Get with the program...

haha :p
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/24/05 05:11 PM
/e goes and downloads a copy before the revoke free adless access
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/25/05 08:12 PM
Firefox, opera my [censored]
Posted By: IceMyst Re: Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/25/05 11:56 PM
i love my firefox. firefox is my friend laugh /me walks round like a zombie laugh
Posted By: §intå× Re: Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/26/05 08:08 PM
My issue with opera is it dissplays pages odd. It tends to place margins around the page even with topmargin = "0" margin = "0" set in the BODY tag. I have even used CSS to try and kill the margins, This makes tableless layouts a bit more difficult to design for cross browser. position: absolute can end up looking quite different in the various browsers because of little things like this. Let the developers dissplay thier pages the way they want!
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/26/05 10:16 PM
So:
Code
body {
  margin: 0px;
}
hates you?
Posted By: §intå× Re: Firefox/IE6/other? - 09/27/05 12:05 AM
yep... in opera anyway. Still leaves a margin.
© UGN Security Forum