UGN Security
Posted By: Shinobi Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 04:42 AM
Since there has been pretty big critisim about President Bush on this forum. I thought that in the intrest of fairness I would make this topic. All the Bush supporters and anyone else for that matter is able to tell the good things that Bush has contributed to the country/world, while in presidential office. Since I started this topic it is only fitting that I lay down the first one.

Bush has repeatidly..........
Then there was that time when.............
Well i know he............
.....didn't he used to do cocaine?

Well if anyone has some please post them!
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 04:48 AM
AH HA!!!! I thought of one! Bush did do the national 'Do Not Call' List.
Posted By: IceMyst Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 05:20 AM
any more than that Shinobi? I thought not. just goes to show he's a [censored] [censored] who's done more bad than good...
Posted By: Killswitch_J Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 05:36 AM
ROTFLMAO! Thanks Shinobi I needed that.
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 05:37 AM
Well that is all I can think of I'm waiting for others to post. I'm not a huge Bush supporter. But I know they are out there
Posted By: IceMyst Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 05:45 AM
yeah but even the supporters have trouble coming up with his good deeds. [censored] look at the list of bad stuff he's done. it's like trying to find a generosity bone in gizmo! lol (sorry hun but ya know it's true lol)
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 05:49 AM
DOn't make me start a good giz/bad Giz topic. Icemyst, I'm sure that won't go over well!
Posted By: dashocker Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 06:42 AM
The only good thing he's done that makes him standout in my opinion is sending aid to Liberia...Africa is a shithole that we care nothing about because most of the countries don't have oil...if there is any place that needs intervention it's Africa.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 07:50 AM
7 George Bush Jr. Good Deed's...

1. Fixed 2 prior mistakes of our government with putting Bin Laden and Saddam in office (although he pretty much lied to us all in the process).

2. Eased field-testing controls of genetically engineered crops.

3. Signed partial birth abortion bill.

4. Signed Amber Alert bill; which has saved many young people.

5. Took action against people who caused 9/11; where as prior presidents sat on their [censored] and did nothing after a terror attack.

6. Blocked rules that would require federal agencies to offer bilingual assistance to non-English-speaking persons. It's america, speak our native language, we shouldn't have to cater to you invading our country and stealing our job's and refusing to speak our language.

7. Being the first mentally handicapped individual to hold a state office position.
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 08:13 AM
Quote:
7. Being the first mentally handicapped individual to hold a state office position.
LMFAO! Nice Gizmo....very nice....
Posted By: dashocker Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 08:20 AM
Giz...

5. Took action against people who caused 9/11; where as prior presidents sat on their [censored] and did nothing.

^

Um, who else was in office at the time?
Posted By: IceMyst Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 08:23 AM
and how is he handicapped? and why didnt i know this?
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 08:27 AM
das, I agree. I think if this happened while any other president was in office. They would have don't the exact same thing. That type of thing is way to big to just be ignored.

IceMyst: He looks through binoculars with the caps on and said 'More and more of our imports are coming from overseas.' If that isn't handicapped, I don't know what is.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 08:33 AM
Dash and Shin; when people have bombed the WTC when clinton was in office, he sat there like a dumbass... No president has really done anything after terrorist activity becides bush.
Posted By: IceMyst Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 09:15 AM
seriously though what the [censored] is his handicap besides his stupidity and taking credit where he shouldn't.... smirk
Posted By: Killswitch_J Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by IceMyst:
seriously though what the [censored] is his handicap besides his stupidity and taking credit where he shouldn't.... smirk
Does he really need another handicap? Isn't being stupid enough? wink
Posted By: IceMyst Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 10:46 AM
i just wish he had a better excuse than that. maybe some brain tumor that impairs smart judgements or maybe an over-active imagination... just some more than just stupidity. there's enough people in this country who suffer from that...
Posted By: Girlie Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/09/04 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dashocker:
The only good thing he's done that makes him standout in my opinion is sending aid to Liberia...Africa is a shithole that we care nothing about because most of the countries don't have oil...if there is any place that needs intervention it's Africa.
Hey, I have an idea, how about we don't send aid to anyone? we have enough people in our OWN [censored] COUNTRY that are STARVING to death. [censored] Africa. [censored] Iraq. [censored] everyone. My tax dollars are going to feed Arabs and help them establish a government? Let them establish their own [censored] government. The dick heads were smart enough to figure out how to [censored] us with our own equipment and leave hundereds of kids without a parent. [censored] them. I could give two shits.

It's true that bush 'did something' about the terrorists where Clinton sat on his [censored]. I'll give him that much.

It's pretty obvious Bush lied about Saddam's weapons, he was determined to get him back because Saddam threatened Bush's daddy's life. That's all this is about, some little [censored] is apparently attention deprived, so why not run for president. Why the [censored] not. Hey, I like attention, maybe I'll run for president. I'd surely make a better woman president then Hillary [censored] Clinton, that [censored] wins and I'm moving to Canada.
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/10/04 05:53 AM
I don't believe Clintion would have sat on his [censored]. He did afterall authorize troops into wacko...wakeo....whatever. When that was just a possible threat to the US and not any real varified terrorist activity. I honestly don't believe anyone would be able to do nothing with something that big.
Posted By: Killswitch_J Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/10/04 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bish:
Quote:
Originally posted by dashocker:
[b] The only good thing he's done that makes him standout in my opinion is sending aid to Liberia...Africa is a shithole that we care nothing about because most of the countries don't have oil...if there is any place that needs intervention it's Africa.
Hey, I have an idea, how about we don't send aid to anyone? we have enough people in our OWN [censored] COUNTRY that are STARVING to death. [censored] Africa. [censored] Iraq. [censored] everyone. My tax dollars are going to feed Arabs and help them establish a government? Let them establish their own [censored] government. The dick heads were smart enough to figure out how to [censored] us with our own equipment and leave hundereds of kids without a parent. [censored] them. I could give two shits.

It's true that bush 'did something' about the terrorists where Clinton sat on his [censored]. I'll give him that much.

It's pretty obvious Bush lied about Saddam's weapons, he was determined to get him back because Saddam threatened Bush's daddy's life. That's all this is about, some little [censored] is apparently attention deprived, so why not run for president. Why the [censored] not. Hey, I like attention, maybe I'll run for president. I'd surely make a better woman president then Hillary [censored] Clinton, that [censored] wins and I'm moving to Canada. [/b]
And I thought I had a problem with bush.
laugh
Posted By: IceMyst Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/10/04 04:10 PM
we all did killswitch...
Posted By: LaptopBoy Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/10/04 11:00 PM
How likly is it she will win?
Posted By: fleshwound Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/11/04 07:35 AM
eh.. i'm still convinced i'd make the best president...although my policies would probably be way too...how should we put it.... radical for any of you. i suppose my political beliefs are considered way out there to most people in this day and age. but, if i ran the country i could garuntee an excellent economy.
Posted By: Disgruntled Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/11/04 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by IceMyst:
we all did killswitch...
You mean there are people who don't? laugh
Posted By: Ghost Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/11/04 02:22 PM
*raises hand*

i dont :x
Posted By: §intå× Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/11/04 05:35 PM
I realy do not trust Bush as far as I can throw him. However to be fair I will list deeds I find to be good.

1.) Bush since he took office has fought to moderize the power grid infulstructure and ran in to road blocks in congress. The need to do this could bee seen in the NY power outage.

2.) He took out Sadam Husein. Now Grant it his father helped this man come to power and Bush is most likely covering something up... The man needed to be taken out.

3.) He made it a dangerous thing to attack the US again. Under Bill Clinton we suffered several attacks in the US and throughout the world and did very little if anything to retaliate.

4.He gathered the majority of the people of this country behind one cause. Something I have not seen since the last Gulf War.
Posted By: weeve Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/12/04 03:58 AM
bush=<* so why does bush=potus. in short..daddy. I don't care what anyone thinks, I'm middle of the road, I have many feelings on many levels. Bush did a good job on the wtc stuff, I hate what he did with the 2nd terrorist bill, um...he's changed the way the future will be for the USA, and for the world. More so then many presidents did. Few other then through war, oppression, force, and stupidity do much. But I'd like to see a president that doesn't just talk fixing the national debt, social security welfare, peace, end of nuclear warfare, end of poverty, and hunger. Then do jack mother [censored] [censored] about it. Hey...I helped with this small part in this bill, hey I got these ppl to donate 1% of what's needed, small steps ppl. [censored]...small steps...is way of explaining that change is slow, maybe evolutionary. But really imo, the human race is not so horrible, that we can't just work alot of this [censored] out. Then again, we do get our advice on life from Hollywood, fashion, CNN, movies, and magazines. You know, sin is in, maybe the new thing to think about is how far a president has to go, for the U.S. to want impeachment, kinda like Hollywood divorces though...it's a [censored] guessing game. A game I don't like watching no less playing along with.

Well...presidents do got it hard, one person making the choice of a nation, what happened to for the ppl, by the ppl? It turned into, for the government from the ppl, by the government onto the ppl I guess. Though look at a president 3/4 the way through their presidency, then look at when they went in. Their face is drawn of blood, bags under the eyes, mad gray hair, yea...That's gotta be a hell of a job.
Posted By: Esdil Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/12/04 10:44 PM
Hmm, this is just an oberservation, but has anyone else noticed this thread praising bush is 1 only 2 pages long and 2 contains mostly insults. whilst the thread bashing bush is almost 6 pages long?
Posted By: Killswitch_J Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/13/04 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Esdil:
Hmm, this is just an oberservation, but has anyone else noticed this thread praising bush is 1 only 2 pages long and 2 contains mostly insults. whilst the thread bashing bush is almost 6 pages long?
Did you read any of the comments on this thread.
I'ts mixed some praises, also alot of bashing.
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/13/04 04:56 AM
Well Esdil, The reason for this topic was because I wanted the bush supporters to have a chance to Give their views on bush. I thought it was only fair. I am not a bush supporter which is the reason for my sarcastic posts. However the good things people posted about bush are few and there is not very many differnt ones. It is also a way for me to display what type of president bush has been.
Posted By: dashocker Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/13/04 05:40 AM
I'm still confused...Bush was president on 9/11/01 not Clinton.
Posted By: weeve Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/13/04 08:41 AM
Uh, it's simple really...he just was...?
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/14/04 12:27 AM
Das, When we refer to terrorist activity and 9/11 and Clinton. They are saying IF Clinton was still president during 9/11 he wouldn't have done anything. We are not saying he was president during that time.
Posted By: Killswitch_J Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/14/04 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Shinobi:
Das, When we refer to terrorist activity and 9/11 and Clinton. They are saying IF Clinton was still president during 9/11 he wouldn't have done anything. We are not saying he was president during that time.
In all fairness, No one knows for sure what Clinton would have done, If he were president during 9/11.

wink
Posted By: weeve Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/14/04 01:52 PM
I agree.
Posted By: IceMyst Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/14/04 02:55 PM
who knows what any one would have done in that situation...
Posted By: Girlie Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/15/04 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Killswitch_J:
In all fairness, No one knows for sure what Clinton would have done, If he were president during 9/11.

wink
This is true, that is why we can only go by actions he made in the past, which were...sit on your [censored], and cheat on your wife. :p ~|
Posted By: weeve Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/15/04 04:18 AM
Naw, past physical actions, have nothing to do with making a choice for 100's of millions of people, to many people think they could "so easily" make that choice. Of who should die, and who should not. Who gets bombed, who doesn't. If you were sitting there with the footbal with the choice to nuke a country or not....you'd be shiting your pants;/ that's a warm cup of capucino for everyone.
Posted By: Girlie Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/15/04 12:43 PM
the only way to predict future behavior is by one's actiosn from the past. No, I would not be shitting my pants. If I was running for president, I would consider ALL things and if I would be able to handle something like that. *I* personally feel as though I would be able to make the decision if I had all of the facts. I would sit down, and think very hard and come up with a decision, I wouldn't waste time shitting my pants. But, hey...that's just me.
Posted By: Disgruntled Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/15/04 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bish:
the only way to predict future behavior is by one's actiosn from the past.
If thats true then isn't bush doing the same thing?
Wasn't he AWOL during wartime when he was younger? Now everyone else is still doing the fighting, and where is bush safe and sound in the states as usual.
Posted By: Girlie Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/15/04 03:16 PM
when was I ever sticking up for Bush? read my posts, then we'll talk.
Posted By: sidlocksley Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/15/04 05:56 PM
have your senses really sharpened, george bush is bin laden.
Posted By: weeve Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/15/04 06:05 PM
our actions echo into eternity.
Posted By: Gollum Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/28/04 03:58 AM
The President?s Jobs and Growth Act of 2003 will create jobs and grow the economy by:
Speeding up the 2001 tax cuts to increase the pace of economic recovery and job creation
Encouraging job-creating investment in America?s businesses by providing dividend and capital gains tax relief and giving small businesses incentives to grow
Providing $20 billion in aid to States for necessary services

Supporting Early Learning: No Child Left Behind targets resources for early childhood education so that all youngsters get the right start on reading and math.
Measuring Student Performance: A student's progress in reading and math must be measured in each of grades 3 through 8 and at least once during high school.
Providing Information for Parents: States and school districts must give parents detailed report cards on schools and districts, explaining which are succeeding and why.
Giving Options Over Failing Schools: Children will no longer be trapped in failing schools. If a school continues to fail some children will be able to transfer to higher-performing local schools, receive free tutoring or attend after-school programs.
Ensuring More Resources for Schools: Today, public schools spend an average $7,000 a year per student. Under President Bush?s leadership federal funding for education has increased 59.8% from 2000 to 2003.

Creation of the Terrorist Threat Integration Center (TTIC): TTIC will merge and analyze all threat information collected domestically and abroad in a single location.
Launch of the Container Security Initiative: The Container Security Initiative establishes tough new procedures and created new partnerships with the world?s largest ports to target high-risk cargo before it leaves for our shores.
Signing of the Smart Border Declaration: The United States and Canada signed the Smart Border Declaration, outlining 30 action items for increasing security, enhancing joint law enforcement, improving physical and technological infrastructure, and facilitating the trade and movement of people between the two countries.
Launched the Homeland Security Command Center: a national 24-7 watch operation
Improvement of Airport Security: More than 50,000 newly trained federal screeners are deployed at our nation?s airports, where new baggage inspection equipment helped TSA institute 100 percent checked baggage screening.
Reorganizing the FBI: The FBI transformed into an agency focused on preventing domestic terrorism.

The President signed into law on December 3, 2003 the Healthy Forests Restoration Act of 2003 that will improve the long-term health of our Nation?s forests and rangelands. The Bill that was passed with bipartisan support will:
Bolster early public participation in finding priority forest health projects to reduce hazardous fuels and restore damaged forest and rangelands. Projects will be selected using a collaborative process involving local, tribal, state, Federal and non-governmental entities.
Save the lives and communities of those who live around public forest and rangelands which have been neglected for decades by making forests healthy and saving endangered species;
Decrease the threat of destructive wildfires in wooded areas by accelerating the thinning and clearing of deadwood, which acts as fuel for such fires that threaten physical and financial wellbeing, water supply systems and the environment;
Provide funding within the Forest Service that will support technical, financial and related assistance to increase State?s ability to address issues on non-Federal forested land;
Issue clear guidance for court action against forest health projects, and comply with all environmental statutes.

President Bush Signs Healthy Forests Initiative into Law

December 8, 2003: President Bush Signs Historic Medicare Legislation

President Bush today joined a bipartisan group of lawmakers to sign into law the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003. This historic legislation will help to create a modern Medicare system, allow for the biggest improvements in senior health care in nearly 40 years, and provide seniors with prescription drug benefits and more choices in health care.

President Bush applauded Congress for keeping our promise to America?s seniors by giving seniors more choices, better benefits ? including prescription drug coverage ? and real savings.

Prescription Drug Savings for America?s Seniors

For the first time in the history of Medicare, a prescription drug benefit will be offered to all 40 million seniors and disabled Americans in Medicare to help them afford the cost of their medicines.
Seniors will start seeing help quickly. Beginning next year, seniors will save 10-25% off the cost of most medicines through a Medicare-approved drug discount card which they can use at their local pharmacy. Since the typical senior spends $1,285 annually on his or her medicines, the card could save a senior who lacks drug coverage as much as $300 annually. The drug card will provide savings until the full drug benefit goes into effect.
Beginning in 2006, seniors without coverage will be able to join a Medicare-approved plan that will cut their yearly drug costs roughly in half, in exchange for a $35 monthly premium. In many cases, the savings will be even greater.
Seniors with no drug coverage and monthly drug costs of $200 will save more than $1,700 on drug costs each year.
Seniors with no drug coverage and monthly drug costs of $800 will save nearly $5,900 on drug costs each year.
Seniors will be protected against high out-of-pocket costs with Medicare covering 95% of drug costs over $3,600 per year.
Low-income seniors will receive additional help paying for their medicines.
A $600 annual subsidy will be added to their drug discount card.
There will be no additional premium, no deductible and low co-payments ($2 for generic or $5 for brand-name drugs) for seniors with limited savings and incomes at or below 135% of poverty (individuals with yearly incomes under $12,123 and senior couples under $16,362).
There will be reduced premium, a $50 deductible, and 15% co-insurance (85% of their drug costs would be covered) for seniors with limited savings and incomes between 135% and 150% of the federal poverty level (individuals with yearly incomes under $13, 470 and senior couples under $18,180).

i'll have more soon//
Posted By: dashocker Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/28/04 04:20 AM
Gollum, I respect you a lot more than most Republicans because you actually try and back up your support of Bush with facts. However, there are some things they don't report on FOX NEWS:

On the environment: http://www.nrdc.org/bushrecord/default.asp

No Child Left Behind:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/opinion/2001831790_dean08.html
Posted By: Gollum Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/28/04 05:16 AM
thanks, i feel the same way, where i will respect anyone's opinion, as long as they have the facts to back it up. however, i dont' even think i would consider myself a republican. too many things in that party piss me off. i figure i'm more or less somewhere between conservative or independant...eh, screw classification, lol.//
Posted By: tretruhi Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/28/04 11:50 PM
He hasn't really done much of anything with terrorists... he was really very unsuccessful. So, to get people to stop thinking about afghanistan we decided to start another war in iraq! yippee!
Posted By: Disgruntled Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/30/04 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by tretruhi:
He hasn't really done much of anything with terrorists... he was really very unsuccessful. So, to get people to stop thinking about afghanistan we decided to start another war in iraq! yippee!
And this surprises anyone? Give him another 4 yrs in office, and he will go to war with another country to make everyone forget about those damn WOMD!

P.S. I wonder what excuse he will use to start that war?
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/30/04 08:56 AM
* Imatates president bush *
" Switzerland has constantly threatened our watch making and our cattle industrys! I have found that they are the cause of the mysterious cattle mutalations! I will be sending all our troops there and THIS WILL NOT STAND!!! "
Posted By: tretruhi Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/30/04 10:43 AM
Yeah, damn those swiss cattle growers.
Posted By: Killswitch_J Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 01/31/04 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Shinobi:
* Imatates president bush *
" Switzerland has constantly threatened our watch making and our cattle industrys! I have found that they are the cause of the mysterious cattle mutalations! I will be sending all our troops there and THIS WILL NOT STAND!!! "
ROTFLOL! Good one Shinobi.
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 02/01/04 03:06 AM
*Takes a Small bow* Thank you thank you..
Posted By: Gollum Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 02/04/04 10:30 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/lopez/lopez200401300935.asp

i just heard about that one a few days ago, but it took forever to find an article on it. i think it's less that he doesn't do as many good things, and more that people are still concerned with mistakes that he's made. not that they should be ignored...but when he does something good i think it deserves as much publicity as when he does something bad. but that's hardly the case.//
Posted By: downninjette Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 02/14/04 08:10 AM
republican or democrat?
there is no such thing. both of these are just illusions to blind the american people of what is really going on. our vote doesn't count. there is no vote. it is all an illusion to keep us in an uproar instead of focusing on what the real problems are.
bush is only following orders. he is just a figure head, as all other presidents before him and after him. he is doing as he is told.
slowly and secretely are so-called rights are being taken away from us and we are moving to a police state.
it is obvious that noone has rights any more. the hidden rulership of this country and maybe even the world, has allowed the events of 9-11 to occur to blind americans of their true intentions. with everyone in an uproar about these so-called terrorists, we are willing to give up certain freedoms in an attempt to stop terrorism. yet, the terrorism lies within. bush and the terrorists and oil!!! certain fundamental liberties have been stripped from us and soon, when we are all concerned about something trivial like janet jackson's breast instead of what is really going on, when our heads are turned, the entire world will be under one evil government, one extremely large police state, with no rights or freedoms of our own.
many see what is going on but noone is doing anything. many disagree with the so-called war on terrorism and bush as being president. there was even an attempt to have him impeached but not enough movement by the american public. the majority of the american public didn't even have knowledge of this attempted impeachment because it was not portrayed on the mass media, with good reason, because it too is controlled by this hidden ruler/rulers.
this country was built on freedoms and the need for independance and privacy. it is time to actually do something about our lives being taken from us instead of concerning ourselves with the trivial things that the media tells us is important. the media blinds the public with janet jackson's breast and other such topics to keep us occupied while our lives are being murdered.
now i ask, who is going to do something? who is going to take back what the aluminate has stolen from us? who is going to stop the masons?
probably noone.
probably noone because we are all too busy convicting michael jackson of child molestation.
probably noone because everyone is preoccupied and blinded.
...but something has to be done.....
don't vote..what's the point..the next figure head is already lined up and our vote is just an illusion to make us think that we have some kind of control, which we don't
it's time to take back what is ours..
Posted By: Gollum Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 02/15/04 04:05 AM
?Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for temporal safety deserve neither to be safe or free.?
I think that quote is almost overused in today's society. But, you can't argue with it. It's simple, to the point, and true. While I can't argue with the fact that there are a few laws passed which I'm not entirely happy with (Patriot Act for one) I also can't complain that I don't realistically have enough freedom. I can go about my day, week, or year, doing what I want to do, and don't have to worry about being silenced or arrested. In fact, the only people being "silenced" or arrested are active protesters, who think they only way to get their message out is to inconvenience other people. Like those protesters in LA (or was it San Fran?) who stopped traffic. Who are they to do that? Just because they have a point to make they have to bother other people? I find protesting one of the most ignorant, lowest and most despicable forms of self expression of one's beliefs. When I hear that those people were arrested, y'know what I say? Good. They deserve it. Not, "Oh, it's The Man trying to keep us down again." There are far more ways to get your voice heard. But back to my main point. We continually batter the President and the government on this board. Yet we still retain our freedom of speech. And people still complain. Now obviously, we shouldn't be waiting until it's too late. If indeed we are heading towards a 1984-like time, it's not gonna happen overnight. You fight the small battles to win the war. Saying something like "we have no more freedom" is too broad (and might I add incorrect) a statement to have any bearing at all. I'm happy where my freedoms are. Mostly....Right now I'm not happy that I have to register my car, and get it inspected, and pay huge amounts of late fees on tickets...but such is life. Those laws weren't passed yesterday. But things like the DMCA are things which we should be fighting. Apart from those, the laws of this country have almost no bearing on my life in such a way to make me uncomfortable. Without laws though, this country would be an anarchy. And those people that would be taking your money wouldn't be the government, where at least some of it gets put back to the public in forms of schools, but it would be the drug dealers and thugs taking it for themselves. If you complain about freedom now, try it without the government. The government is there FOR the people, and if the people don't like it, they can choose to get rid of it. I also dont' believe the American people will let themselves succumb to a police state. Anyway, what I'm getting at, is that while there are things I'm not entirely happy with, I'd rather live here than anywhere else.

Anyway, seeing as how I just got back from a Shins concert last night (they rocked, backstage passes, wooo). I have this song which is stuck in my head from them called "So Says I" I suggest checking it out.

And that's that with that.

*EDIT*
One more thing I meant to add and talk more about. In my opinion, I dont' think it's the government we have to worry about. The government will always be corrupt, but it will always be under our control. The good people end up being those that dont' want to be involved in politics...or those that criticize it. The real problem are corporations using their money to control the government. The RIAA and the MPAA are just the beginning. If you're worried about your freedom, don't blame the government, that won't help. Watch the giant conglomerates, they'll be the one's to take away your freedoms. They have money to gain from it.
*EDIT*//
Posted By: weeve Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 02/23/04 09:27 PM
[censored] people, how about...[censored] Bush, what if he was president again? Are we gonna solve the middle east peace crisis now with bombs? Dood did what no one could, he's snorted crack, he's a puppet with strings, he backed up the crying couch ridden masses of wtc suffering people a majority of who had nothing to do with it, other then that "they had a friend who had a friend" or that "their an american". Htf is any of this different from WWII or [censored] anything, horrible [censored] happened, we killed ppl, ppl killed us, blably [censored] bla. I for one think if the people STOP PUSHING THIS TRASHY [censored] [censored], it'll go away, and we can all switch to topics of discussion that hold more validity, and much more broadening horizons then squabbles over stupid crap.
Posted By: Killswitch_J Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 02/28/04 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gollum:
In fact, the only people being "silenced" or arrested are active protesters, who think they only way to get their message out is to inconvenience other people.
Remember the Boston tea party? They were active protesters to. If it weren't for people like that we would still be bowing to A King. There comes a time when the legal system either can't or won't do it's job, that's where active protesting comes in.
Posted By: Brett Re: Bush's Good Deeds - 03/08/04 05:41 PM
Seems like a democrat-dominated board here wink . It seems i've said this before a million times, but i'll say it again.

I thought Bush did the right thing after 9/11. The world was more than willing to help out and we went and kick the **** out of the taliban in Afghanistan. With Clinton, although i'd debate it, i think he might have done the same. Remember, he did go into Iraq in 1998 when Hussein was once again holding his chin up to the rest of the world, but we would never know.

But i do think Bush jumped the gun on the Iraq ordeal. Now i can't say this all the way, until the information he received becomes un-classifide in 25 or so years stfu

Sorry, i am kinda ranting here, but this my opinion. I'm not angry, just frustrated at democrats(not any of you in particular) who continue to whine and [censored] while not backing up with alternatives.

However, it is my firm opinion, that no matter whose right and wrong; this retarded fued will only be resolved once another candidate is elected. I don't like Kerry, so i'm voting Nader. At least he's addressed the truth here, and he wants to legalize certain ..items.. wink duah

nuf talk, gotta go fix a couple of hacks fur giz(zy|mo) laugh
© UGN Security Forum