UGN Security
Posted By: drkmercinary need some good stuff - 10/22/04 12:33 AM
a peltier junction
heet sink fan
mercury paiste
and i need a site that sells this stuff for cheep
DONT ASK Y
Posted By: Spyrios Re: need some good stuff - 10/22/04 04:52 AM
if you would just type your [censored] into google, you would find it. The idea is to look for yourself first then come here and ask if you can't find it. You are in essence asking people to do your work for you. We have better things to do then to research your electronics parts.
Posted By: Shinobi Re: need some good stuff - 10/22/04 05:02 AM
Why?

And "Damn_Noob". You need to relax dude. You are awfully testy for a UGN poser.
Posted By: Spyrios Re: need some good stuff - 10/22/04 05:22 AM
I just get annoyed easily, and this is the second time that this guy has posted a question asking other people to do his research for him. See "Random Photoshop Idiot" If I offended you Shinobi, I appologize, I just like it here, and I like that for the most part people here do thier own [censored], then when they can't figure it out they post questions. And as far as being a poser, your right my post count isn't that high because when I need something I research it first, also because I am a newb and alot of questions that people have I can't answer.
Posted By: Shinobi Re: need some good stuff - 10/22/04 05:39 AM
I like bacon!!

but no you did not offend me, it just made me laugh so I had to talk [censored]
Posted By: Spyrios Re: need some good stuff - 10/22/04 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Shinobi:

but no you did not offend me, it just made me laugh so I had to talk [censored]
Cool Thx
Posted By: Jaspel Re: need some good stuff - 10/22/04 01:50 PM
2 words: post count
Posted By: Gremelin Re: need some good stuff - 10/22/04 04:15 PM
Jaspel, you should take your own notices under advisement.
Posted By: Girlie Re: need some good stuff - 10/22/04 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Damn_Noob:
if you would just type your [censored] into google, you would find it. The idea is to look for yourself first then come here and ask if you can't find it. You are in essence asking people to do your work for you. We have better things to do then to research your electronics parts.
The fact that YOU *do* that, gains you some respect from some peeps I know, just FYI. So, don't stop. heh. That is all. :p
Posted By: Spyrios Re: need some good stuff - 10/22/04 11:37 PM
Thx girle, and Jasper, i think people become more of a true poser when they post [censored] just to post it and not to communicate anything, or to have a discussion. but the desire to raise thier post count, just my opinion though. And that's the last i post in this thread since i seem to have hijacked it.
Posted By: Defcon Re: need some good stuff - 10/23/04 02:16 AM
Quote:

a peltier junction
heet sink fan
mercury paiste
and i need a site that sells this stuff for cheep
DONT ASK Y
Hmmm well lets pick this apart shall we...
First off your spelling is horrible, how can we help you if you can't spell? Second off all are you asking a question or making a demand? Where's your manners? Keep in mind that while this site is devoted to intellectual persuits and learning, we really don't have to tell you anything. If you are polite and be nice we'll be more then happy to help you out.

Quote:
DONT ASK Y
Alright, now you are assuming we actually care about what you are gonna do with this. Nice touch with the all caps, real imposing and intimidating. I can only guess what you need all this stuff for, but for those that may not I'll describe what each component is:

First item is the Peltier Junction. This definition is care of Geek.com
Quote:
Peltier Junction - When electrical current is applied to a thermocouple a temperature difference is created, with one side of the thermocouple being hotter than room temperature and the other being cooler. Peltier Junctions (Peltiers for short) can be used to cool microprocessors, where the cool side contacts the microprocessor and the hot side contacts a heatsink. Peltier Junctions are rated in watts. If you do not use the appropriate wattage a Peltier Junction will be ineffective.
Next, the Heatsink Fan, pretty self explainitory. Now on to the Mercury Paste. I could answer the obvious but this is more fun, I found this on Pop Sci:

Quote:
Rust can hold an airplane together or dissolve it to bits.

by Theodore Gray

Unless you are a representative of a national meteorological bureau licensed to carry a barometer (and odds are you�re not), bringing mercury onboard an airplane is strictly forbidden. Why? If it got loose, it could rust the plane to pieces before it had a chance to land. You see, airplanes are made of aluminum, and aluminum is highly unstable.

Wait, isn�t one of the great things about aluminum that, unlike iron, it doesn�t rust? Am I talking about the same aluminum? Yes! Your aluminum pot is made of a highly reactive chemical. It simply has a trick that lets it disguise itself as a corrosion-resistant metal.

When iron rusts, it forms iron oxide�a reddish, powdery substance that quickly flakes off to expose fresh metal, which immediately begins to rust, and so on until your muffler falls off.

But when aluminum rusts, it forms aluminum oxide, an entirely different animal. In crystal form, aluminum oxide is called corundum, sapphire or ruby (depending on the color), and it is among the hardest substances known. If you wanted to design a strong, scratchproof coating to put on a metal, few things other than diamond would be better than aluminum oxide.

By rusting, aluminum is forming a protective coating that�s chemically identical to sapphire�transparent, impervious to air and many chemicals, and able to protect the surface from further rusting: As soon as a microscopically thin layer has formed, the rusting stops. (�Anodized� aluminum has been treated with acid and electricity to force it to grow an extra-thick layer of rust, because the more you have on the surface, the stronger and more scratch-resistant it is.)

This invisible barrier forms so quickly that aluminum seems, even in molten form, to be an inert metal. But this illusion can be shattered with aluminum�s archenemy, mercury.

Applied to aluminum�s surface, mercury will infiltrate the metal and disrupt its protective coating, allowing it to �rust� (in the more destructive sense) continuously by preventing a new layer of oxide from forming. The aluminum I-beam below rusted half away in a few hours, something that would have taken an iron beam years.

I�ve heard that during World War II, commandos were sent deep into German territory to smear mercury paste on aircraft to make them inexplicably fall apart. Whether the story is true or not, the sabotage would have worked. The few-micron-thick layer of aluminum oxide is the only thing holding an airplane together. Think about that the next time you�re flying. Or maybe it�s better if you don�t.
So we gather you are either trying to cool your microprocessor, or trying to be a bad [censored] Republican Terrorist in your high school. Break into that kids locker and steal his lunch, it's the American way.

I mean seriously what is your deal? Google for an Electronics Catalogue, though I'm sorry to say most don't take play money.

End of Rant

Works Cited
http://www.popsci.com/popsci/how2/article/0,20967,693558,00.html

http://www.geek.com/glossary/glossary_search.cgi?peltier
Posted By: unreal Re: need some good stuff - 10/23/04 02:24 AM
Testify, Brotha Deffy!
Posted By: dashocker Re: need some good stuff - 10/23/04 04:53 AM
uNF.
So far my favorite 0wnage of drkmercinary by Deffy...We've missed you pimp
Posted By: sinetific Re: need some good stuff - 10/23/04 05:53 AM
This whole topic desecrates my electronics forum. It shall now be closed.
© UGN Security Forum