UGN Security
Posted By: Ntd Laptop CD-Rom Drive - 04/17/04 09:00 AM
Hey,
My cd-rom drive on my laptop doesn't work. It doesn't show up in my computer.
Also when i check the boot list it says it has loaded. In bios it is enabled. However when i check in msinfo32 and click on the CD-ROM thing nothing shows up so i think it is not installed.
It is a IBM Laptop with removeable CD-rom and Floppy drives
The cd-rom drive is a TEAC CD-224E 24x internal IDE
Os is winXP

Thanks.
Posted By: Infinite Re: Laptop CD-Rom Drive - 04/17/04 09:06 AM
Moved to hardware
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Laptop CD-Rom Drive - 04/17/04 09:36 AM
Try add new hardware. Else open your hardware details and see if it's listed, it should tell you of any driver issues.
Posted By: Ntd Re: Laptop CD-Rom Drive - 04/17/04 09:57 AM
When ever i have the floppy drive in and i open device manager i see the floppy drive listed however when i have the cd drive in i dont see it listed
Also with new hardware wizard, it doesn't find any new hardware :S
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Laptop CD-Rom Drive - 04/17/04 10:11 AM
Then my friend, you're [censored]... Try their webpage to see if they have any drivers?
Posted By: Ntd Re: Laptop CD-Rom Drive - 04/17/04 10:54 AM
have and its a Maze with links that dont work and useless help topics however i have emailed there australian help centre any other ideas or know where i can get some drivers?
Posted By: Ntd Re: Laptop CD-Rom Drive - 04/19/04 08:16 AM
Hey got some new info on my problem :-

Restore Missing CD or DVD Drive
Reports have filtered in that CD or DVD drives will suddenly cease to exist in XP systems. Most often this has been reported in conjunction with program installations and Windows upgrades, but it has also happened for no apparent reason. This tweak will restore the missing drives after a reboot.

[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class
Key Name: {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Value Data: [Delete All Value Data from UpperFilters and LowerFilters]
Note: Do not delete the Key or the Multi-String Values. Delete only the data values.
Exit Registry and Reboot

i think that will solve my problem however i dont know what it means when it says "Delete All Value Data from UpperFilters and LowerFilters" ?
Any help plz.
Posted By: Bryan Re: Laptop CD-Rom Drive - 06/11/05 10:35 AM
Hi, this is my first post, but I am wondering If you, NTD, fixed your CD drive. I am having the same problem as you. I will try contacting you any other way.

Thanks.

P.S. If you or anybody else knows how to fix it, please e-mail me.
Posted By: Infinite Re: Laptop CD-Rom Drive - 06/11/05 11:18 AM
oh god. Haven't seen NTD here in ages...

this thread is a year old...
Posted By: Ntd Re: Laptop CD-Rom Drive - 06/16/05 08:29 AM
Lol yeah. FYI My CD-Drive was fried and i had to get a new one, $50 australian dolloars, now thats a rip-off Lol. And j i am still around. And i still dont have the net at home lol.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Laptop CD-Rom Drive - 06/16/05 01:00 PM
Its BACK!
© UGN Security Forum