UGN Security
Posted By: KillHour Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/23/05 07:21 AM
Ebay is bidding out an internet security website.

It's not worth what they're asking for, but no one has bidded on it, and the price keeps going down.

Thought you guys might be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7532987465
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/23/05 07:29 AM
Rofl, that price is a little steep... Hell I only payed 4k for UGN...

Besides, DOS? Comeon...
Posted By: EndGame Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/23/05 01:46 PM
i could buy a lifetimes supply of spam with that and liveout my days in the mountains hunting... tins of spam.

:yuk:
Posted By: KillHour Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/23/05 03:13 PM
Yeah, I suppose DoS Help is a pretty stupid name for a security company - If you need help with a DoS attack, you probably aren't gonna be able to get online in the first place...

But I hope someone buys it anyways, b/c if the site goes down, then where am I gonna get the Trojan and Virii port lists that I need for my - um - research. wink
Posted By: IceMyst Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/23/05 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shadow516:
Yeah, I suppose DoS Help is a pretty stupid name for a security company - If you need help with a DoS attack, you probably aren't gonna be able to get online in the first place...
(This be Gizmo...)

Wow, you are a newb... You know the Operating System DOS, that Microshit first developed for IBM? The piece of [censored] they sold BEFORE they even owned it? The thing that's been around well longer than Denial of Service was even spoken?

Jesus...
Posted By: EndGame Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/24/05 01:47 AM
yet another eason why i never talk shop with a programmer/COMPUTER savvy person:

i invariably wind up looking the idiot due to ignorance
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/24/05 02:30 AM
Don't worry, we think you're a newb due to other aspects as well wink
Posted By: EndGame Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/24/05 02:36 AM
ha!
i can think of a few of those reasons laugh

but reserve the right of not having to mention nor hear them wink
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/24/05 02:44 AM
It's good that you don't have VIP access for now then wink ...
Posted By: EndGame Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/24/05 02:48 AM
lol irl
i heard about that.

no need to remind me. hopefully when i do get it back the articles will be waaaay back in the 'storeroom'.
i bet inf. will save 'em for me tho.
a sour reminder and his bragging rights.

*sigh*
im his [censored] for life now.
Posted By: KillHour Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/24/05 10:52 AM
Quote:
(This be Gizmo...)

Wow, you are a newb... You know the Operating System DOS, that Microshit first developed for IBM? The piece of [censored] they sold BEFORE they even owned it? The thing that's been around well longer than Denial of Service was even spoken?

Jesus...
confused confused confused confused

I'm going to assume that this actually WAS Gizmo for the sake of simplicity.

First of all: WTF!?!? pissed

Yes - I do know what DOS is. (I use Windows afterall) duah

Second of all, the website is DoS Help. It's pretty clear if you read the banner on the site. :p

/rant pimp
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/24/05 01:55 PM
Yes, it was me... I see nothing on the site (other than the punctuation) which would lead me to believe it had anything to do with Denial of Service...
Posted By: KillHour Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/24/05 03:13 PM
The reason I know for sure is because I origionally found the site through this link:

DOSHelp.com "Provides security incident reporting services for victims of Denial of Service (DoS) , intrusions and system scanning attacks."

That used to be their mission statement, but it's not directly on the site anymore since they expanded to spyware and viruses - now their mantra is "Security, Privacy, & Anti-Phishing".

- but seriously Giz, you're losing it - why would you think that "Security, Privacy domain + website" had anything to do with DOS?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/24/05 04:09 PM
Well, firstly I didn't look at the site too closly (I have a [censored] newborn and ADD for gods sakes, do you really expect me to pay THAT much attention?), secondly the auction made no referance that it was a Denial of Service "recovery" site, it strictly stated "for sale, doshelp.com"...

BTW, DOS was an operating system, as with any operating system one could be a paranoid [censored] (look at weeve for god sakes, the [censored] is so paranoid he's about to be homeless)
Posted By: KillHour Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/24/05 04:39 PM
Damn, you win. I only have ADD, three uninvited houseguests, and these ticks from all that Ritalin. smirk

Oh yeah, and I've been up all night - but that's nothin compared to - KIDZILLA eek
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 07/24/05 07:10 PM
DUN DUN DUN... lol... He was pretty good for me earlier, let me get some coding (About an hour and a half) out of the way that I've been procrastinating on (see the "Opinions on Site Design" thread in the Web Design section); He's not really a cryer, but [censored], when he wants something he knows how to whale...
Posted By: doshelp Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 08/01/05 05:05 AM
That's a pretty 'bold' statement!...I hope you can back it up.

I put many years into that site, I answer people's call for help (free I might add).

I was wrong to have never charged anyone for information provided there...ya just get USED that way...then when people think you're not listening, they talk bad about you!

Did you even read WHY I was selling it??....

Quote:
Originally posted by shadow516:
Ebay is bidding out an internet security website.

It's not worth what they're asking for, but no one has bidded on it, and the price keeps going down.

Thought you guys might be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7532987465
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 08/01/05 05:13 AM
We don't really care why you're selling your site but I take it's due to the story attached with your auction... One would think that with some easy marketing and advertisements one could end up making the site pay for itself as I see you've tried to do with the huge amount of advertisements on the site...

In any case, this thread was created to get my attention as i enjoy keeping such communties alive (such as this one when I bought it for $3k); but your asking price is a little more than what I have lol... Besides, I could take a large chunk off of my mortgage for your asking cost...
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 08/15/05 10:01 PM
3k? For this? Wow was your investment worth it?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Internet Security Site For Sale - 08/15/05 10:47 PM
I've at least broken even; now if only the site would support itself... the onlyway that's going to happen is with the ad's, but that requires user interaction smirk
© UGN Security Forum