UGN Security
Posted By: Gremelin Norton Safe Web Results - 03/08/10 08:17 AM
It's come to my attention over the weekend that Norton Safe Web is listing UGN Security as a threat in their database due to our port forwarding application (listing it as a trojan); I can assure you that this is not a trojan, but have also opted to remove the file from our database at this time.

We've submitted a re-evaluation of the site and hope to pass within the next few days.
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Norton Safe Web Results - 03/08/10 08:53 AM
Instead of blocking a security site because of a port forwarding application by using some lame and idiotic algorithm in order to offer a false sense of security, maybe they should focus more on their antivirus/security software, a.k.a. resource hog piece of [censored] product, so it wouldn't suck so much [censored].

Check a page that has a 0day browser exploit on it and you'll be surprised to see that it will be considered safe.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Norton Safe Web Results - 03/08/10 08:58 AM
Haha, I completely agree with you...

Funny thing is, just to test I went over to McAfee's Site Advisor and they say we're completely fine...

Oh, and the reason I KNOW that the port forwarding app isn't a trojan is that Neo (from here) made it as a UPIN/UGN project... I have its sourcecode somewhere lol... But whatever floats their boats...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Norton Safe Web Results - 03/08/10 09:03 AM
BTW, I'm playing with Mcafee's SiteAdvisor tool for FireFox; it's actually pretty nice and non-intrusive and gives one ratings on sites as you see them :P...

I'd still never buy their services since their software is complete bloatware (and I get the same thing from Avast for free on my windows boxes)
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Norton Safe Web Results - 03/08/10 09:15 AM
Looks like our Norton Re-Evaluation has come through, and we've even gotten their certification for ecommerce for the store in there :P.
© UGN Security Forum