UGN Security
Posted By: Gremelin BBS Upgrade to 6.7 - 02/07/04 11:34 PM
UGN Security will be upgrading our BBS to the newest version of UBB.Classic on Sunday night. Note that we may experiance some slight downtime as a direct result of this upgrade but it will be temporary and should last for no more than 24 hours.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to append them to this post on the bulletin board.
Posted By: Ghost Re: BBS Upgrade to 6.7 - 02/08/04 02:30 AM
Heh, is the beta respecting you now?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: BBS Upgrade to 6.7 - 02/08/04 09:27 AM
lol nope. I found out upgrading the board at DCTalkSolo (yeh I do some work with them) that there may be some issues with the memberfiles.

So, I figure, I'll upgrade late Sunrday night, file a ticket with Infopop early Monday morning, and have it fixed by Monday night...
Posted By: weeve Re: BBS Upgrade to 6.7 - 02/08/04 11:59 AM
Yea so..I got no pass for beta giz...still it's been like 3 days, lol wtf? Lmao freaky

Oh um hum ho, the new ubb, your gonna backup, and restore the topics/posts. Or just leave them here, and setup the new system in place of the old? upgrade whatever.?
Posted By: weeve Re: BBS Upgrade to 6.7 - 02/08/04 12:00 PM
I always seem to hit the bugs eh? well, ppl hate calling them bugs...so lets call them...software hates weeve just as much as hardware does, and curses him with taboo.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: BBS Upgrade to 6.7 - 02/08/04 12:32 PM
Damnit! The upgrad is an UPGRADE nothing will be lost or missing! Missing anything is not an issue. The problem there may be is with misformed profile fields which will be worked on monday morning; none of you should even realise any real change becides a small downtime of the board; where the IRC will of coarse be up.
Posted By: weeve Re: BBS Upgrade to 6.7 - 02/08/04 12:45 PM
laugh elite gizmo, very nice;] I look forward to it.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: BBS Upgrade to 6.7 - 02/10/04 04:44 AM
Upgrade is complete; all went through as planned. The last "big wait" was on infopop to strip the extra profile fields which went beautifully. Special thanks to Kate at Infopop smile .
Posted By: Ghost Re: BBS Upgrade to 6.7 - 02/10/04 05:40 AM
Heh, now all you have to do is install all of the mods, add recent visitors, and the statistics.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: BBS Upgrade to 6.7 - 02/10/04 06:01 AM
recent visitors is there.. look at the bottom.. think i should move it to the top?
Posted By: Ghost Re: BBS Upgrade to 6.7 - 02/10/04 06:03 AM
Oh, lol didnt see it. I think it would look good under the welcome bar. smile
Posted By: Ghost Re: BBS Upgrade to 6.7 - 02/10/04 06:06 AM
Oh, btw you should have infopop troubleshoot the beta. You know, so you can test mods properly :x
Posted By: Gremelin Re: BBS Upgrade to 6.7 - 02/10/04 06:25 AM
Hahaha; they don't support modifide boards.
Posted By: Ghost Re: BBS Upgrade to 6.7 - 02/10/04 06:39 AM
Skrew them then. Fix it with duct tape.
© UGN Security Forum