UGN Security
Posted By: Gremelin Member Map - 04/09/05 06:02 AM
Coming with the next big version of the bulletin board we've been thinking of new features to add into the forums and we've stumbled upon a member map that looks like it could be interesting to have a graphical representation of where users are...

However to test this out we need those of you who are interested in helping us test out what is good (and bad) about this script we are asking that you go and throw yourself at the map.

Note that you must fill in a name (the name to show yourself) and a valid email (as the button set link will be included in the email). The final version will likely take coordinates from the "location" options of the forum (or we may make a seperate section just to house the location set on the map).

I'd like to thank you all in advance as well wink ...

UGN Security - Member Map
Posted By: EndGame Re: Member Map - 07/05/05 12:20 PM
south america, central america, asia and africa are the only places not to have any tags thus far..

cmon folks, im sure theres at least ONE person from each of these places

get involved!
Posted By: HighLander Re: Member Map - 08/28/05 01:47 AM
Like it, but not a fan of how you have to place your pin as close as you can to where your from, better if you could just type in your location
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Member Map - 08/28/05 02:27 AM
HighLander, that'd be cool except for the sheer fact that a database of every city in every state/providence of every country in the world would take up a shitload more space than what i'd be willing to use for a membership map...
Posted By: Girlie Re: Member Map - 08/28/05 03:39 AM
Hey, how do I edit my pin? frown
Posted By: HighLander Re: Member Map - 08/28/05 05:46 AM
ah indeed, I can understand that, what if you just replaced that map with a more detailed one that you can zoom into and pick the place for your pin
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Member Map - 08/28/05 07:41 AM
I want a field where we can add a link with the satellite photo of the area where we live. Here\'s mine. . laugh
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Member Map - 08/28/05 08:44 AM
Well it does have a place where you can enter your URL; you could instead enter in a satelite image wink
© UGN Security Forum