UGN Security
Posted By: Gremelin Funding for UGN Security... - 09/10/04 06:39 AM
This is my official announcement on funding of UGN Security. For the past 3 years I've done all of the funding for the site out of my own pocket, this has not only put a burden on myself but on my family as well. Where it has been an honor to do so, even when I was unemployeed, it's gone a bit farther than I'd wanted.

At this time UGN Security is being forced on the "It Supports Itself" category of sites as I'm no longer going to be able to provide funding due to personal issues.

This site's whole design was to survive off of advertising and donations; as is no one donates and everyone blocks the banners.

If you want to see this site survive any longer there are a few things that you can do:
1. Donate: may it be $5 or $25, just something; every penny goes towards the site in one way or another (May it be licensing or service costs).
2. Click the banners: We get a small amount of change from every click on the Google Banners at the top and bottom of every forum page. It takes all of 5 seconds to click a link and close your browser; we don't expect you to sit and do just that, but it is our hope that you'll take the time to click a few links.

Other than that, donating time to police the board, ask questions, answer questions; just having conversation helps.

As is the site has had a slow summer, it is our hope that we'll pick back up to a normal pace as school begins; we'll see.

A special thanks to all of those who have taken the time to donate their time, services or money to UGN Security; we all appreciate your help.

Thank you for your time,
Gizmo
UGN Security Owner

Special thanks to:
HostNuke - For assistance with Hosting.
SilentRage, Infinite, Sin - For donating the bandwidth for the IRC Servers.
Neo, Ghost, Energy, and others for donations of hardware and electronics for reviews and projects.
Sintax, Learner, Spanky and others for the PayPal Donations and for clicking banner ad's.
Brett and Ian for assistance with board modifications.
An extra special thank you to Pergesu
And a special thank you for all of the staff.

Thanks to you all we're able to keep the site up and running for the future of people who wish to have an open mind and learn.
Posted By: weeve Re: Funding for UGN Security... - 09/10/04 06:58 PM
smile much needed. *clicks* *donates $5* *thinks about future helpings*....if half the active member of say 2000 donated, and clicked....so say just a guess of like 200 ppl active so 100, per month, that's $500, and lots of clicks to UGN....:| problem solved...show your love people=\
Posted By: Ice Re: Funding for UGN Security... - 09/10/04 08:11 PM
I will be donating $20 this weekened = )
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Funding for UGN Security... - 09/11/04 02:39 AM
Heh thanks guys. See, it's not that hard to click a damn link so I don't understand what everyones problem is.. They come here to talk, that i understand; but they should at least take the time to give back and click...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Funding for UGN Security... - 09/12/04 04:35 AM
Here's a good reason to click on links... From members just clicking on links we've made $55 this last week from advertising!
Posted By: xacex Re: Funding for UGN Security... - 09/14/04 09:25 AM
I just donated 15 bucks. I know it's not much, I wish I could send more but I'm moving in December! haha. hope it's useful.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Funding for UGN Security... - 09/14/04 10:45 AM
Lol, I'm definately sure we can find a place for it wink .
Posted By: HighLander Re: Funding for UGN Security... - 09/14/04 07:51 PM
Now that I'm back in the game I'd be happy to throw some money ur way.......
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Funding for UGN Security... - 09/15/04 03:09 AM
It's not goinna be liek the last time when i sit here waiting for 2 months and you dissapear; is it?
Posted By: HighLander Re: Funding for UGN Security... - 09/15/04 08:15 AM
lol no, but hey at least the first couple donations of like $900 or whatever it was went through right ?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Funding for UGN Security... - 09/15/04 08:24 AM
Yes, UGN did get your one $900 CAD ($695.13 USD) donation wink ; all of which (and then some) went towards renewing the ubb license hehe...
© UGN Security Forum