UGN Security
Posted By: Digital Geek Images: First views of Windows Vista - 07/28/05 05:44 PM
Image 1 : The Pictures and Video folder in Windows Vista contains new information about a picture, including the type of camera used and a user-assigned rating.

[Linked Image]

Image 2 : A Windows Vista screenshot shows improved desktop search abilities

[Linked Image]

Image 3 : The Virtual Folders feature in Windows Vista allows users to view documents that share a specific criteria, such as "edited in the last week" or "containing the word 'budget.'"

[Linked Image]

Image 4 : A redesigned Start Menu in Windows Vista lets users start typing the name of the application they wish to open.

[Linked Image]

SOURCE
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Images: First views of Windows Vista - 07/30/05 01:52 AM
All looks rather entertaining; but do you know what I want in Windows? I want Image Mounting capabilities like those that Daemon Tools allows! It'd be the best feature ever being able to have stock access to mount disk images (ISO's or Bin's); and I don't think that it'd be rather hard either wink ...
That would be pretty cool. I use Daemon Tools all the time.
Posted By: annaleon Re: Images: First views of Windows Vista - 07/30/05 02:50 PM
although it's cool,but need 512MB memory at least
Well, 512 MB ddram is pretty much a standard right now ...
Posted By: runAmok Re: Images: First views of Windows Vista - 07/31/05 10:32 AM
That does look pretty doesn't it, especially that little windows logo.

I reacently had an issue with Daemon, where i couldn't reinstall it because of a missing or damaged MSI thingy. So as i type this I'm having to reinstall everything, XP and all, thanks to another fecking missing or damaged file.

Ahhh...Don't you love windows smile
You should have posted your error message and someone might have found a better solution then a complete reinstall of the system ... wink
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Images: First views of Windows Vista - 07/31/05 10:31 PM
Yeh, plus there are other disk emulators, such as the one that comes bundled with WinImage (though I've never really played with it)
Posted By: EndGame Re: Images: First views of Windows Vista - 08/01/05 02:02 PM
/me ignores all tech speak.

*drools*

looks a helluva lot prettier than XP.

*drools some more*

good enough for me. wink
nice post DG.

p.s anyone know anything about that 'lock' feature?
[last pic, near the 'shut down' option]
im guessing it locks ur computer when ur away (like a screensaver password), but i read about a similar feature used on the DoD cryptography machines in Digital Fortress (Dan Brown).

yea, i know it seems a pretty basic feature, but u have no idea how welcomed thatd be here at uni where whenever i have to have a smoke i have to log off :p
© UGN Security Forum