Posted by: Digital Geek

Image 1 : The Pictures and Video folder in Windows Vista contains new information about a picture, including the type of camera used and a user-assigned rating.

Image 2 : A Windows Vista screenshot shows improved desktop search abilities

Image 3 : The Virtual Folders feature in Windows Vista allows users to view documents that share a specific criteria, such as "edited in the last week" or "containing the word 'budget.'"

Image 4 : A redesigned Start Menu in Windows Vista lets users start typing the name of the application they wish to open.

SOURCE
Posted by: Gremelin

Re: Images: First views of Windows Vista - 07/30/05 02:52 AM

All looks rather entertaining; but do you know what I want in Windows? I want Image Mounting capabilities like those that Daemon Tools allows! It'd be the best feature ever being able to have stock access to mount disk images (ISO's or Bin's); and I don't think that it'd be rather hard either ...

Re: Images: First views of Windows Vista - 07/30/05 03:22 AM

That would be pretty cool. I use Daemon Tools all the time.
Posted by: annaleon

Re: Images: First views of Windows Vista - 07/30/05 03:50 PM

although it's cool,but need 512MB memory at least

Re: Images: First views of Windows Vista - 07/31/05 03:55 AM

Well, 512 MB ddram is pretty much a standard right now ...
Posted by: runAmok

Re: Images: First views of Windows Vista - 07/31/05 11:32 AM

That does look pretty doesn't it, especially that little windows logo.

I reacently had an issue with Daemon, where i couldn't reinstall it because of a missing or damaged MSI thingy. So as i type this I'm having to reinstall everything, XP and all, thanks to another fecking missing or damaged file.

Ahhh...Don't you love windows

Re: Images: First views of Windows Vista - 07/31/05 09:48 PM

You should have posted your error message and someone might have found a better solution then a complete reinstall of the system ...
Posted by: Gremelin

Re: Images: First views of Windows Vista - 07/31/05 11:31 PM

Yeh, plus there are other disk emulators, such as the one that comes bundled with WinImage (though I've never really played with it)
Posted by: EndGame

Re: Images: First views of Windows Vista - 08/01/05 03:02 PM

/me ignores all tech speak.

*drools*

looks a helluva lot prettier than XP.

*drools some more*

good enough for me.
nice post DG.

p.s anyone know anything about that 'lock' feature?
[last pic, near the 'shut down' option]
im guessing it locks ur computer when ur away (like a screensaver password), but i read about a similar feature used on the DoD cryptography machines in Digital Fortress (Dan Brown).

yea, i know it seems a pretty basic feature, but u have no idea how welcomed thatd be here at uni where whenever i have to have a smoke i have to log off :p