Woman kills herself so blind sons can see

Posted by: pergesu

Woman kills herself so blind sons can see - 03/26/05 06:37 PM

NEW DELHI, India - An Indian woman committed suicide so her two blind sons could receive her eyes and see, a newspaper reported Monday.

But doctors say the chances of success are bleak, The Indian Express reported.

Thirty-seven-year-old Tamizhselvis sons, Kumaran, 17, and Kumar, 15, have been blind since birth.

Doctors in the southern city of Chennai say Kumars condition cannot be helped with a cornea transplant and also suspect his elder brother does not have a cornea defect.

We had told the family earlier itself that a corneal transplant was not needed for the younger son, the Express quoted hospital official G. Seethalakshmi saying.

Source
Posted by: §intå×

Re: Woman kills herself so blind sons can see - 03/26/05 07:42 PM

I should not laugh, but Darwin is hard at work here. This stupid bitch took her self out to give her sons her eye after a doctor told her it would not help them. LOL ROFLMAO
Posted by: IceMyst

Re: Woman kills herself so blind sons can see - 03/26/05 10:41 PM

She's from India, what do u expect? *tries hard not to laugh also*
Posted by: netRealm

Re: Woman kills herself so blind sons can see - 03/27/05 08:16 PM

I just feel sorry for the family. Rather sad. :-(
Posted by: IceMyst

Re: Woman kills herself so blind sons can see - 03/27/05 11:10 PM

I feel sad too. it was a waste to do that, even though she had the best of intentions. it's just people need to learn to listen when a doctor says "we cant do that. it's not needed"...

Re: Woman kills herself so blind sons can see - 03/29/05 03:50 PM

I feel happy. A weak link in the gene pool has been removed.
Posted by: xacex

Re: Woman kills herself so blind sons can see - 03/30/05 03:28 PM

before you feel bad, maybe she should've inquired about the probability of her sons actually gaining something from her death/organ donation.

Re: Woman kills herself so blind sons can see - 03/30/05 04:39 PM

They are blind and in thier teens for christ sakes. This isn't like they have a fatal deases. They have been living this way for minimum 15 years. NOW she decided to take her life so they can see. That is the thinking of an idiot.