Man Suffers Severe Burns After His Cell Phone Igni

Posted by: §intå×

Man Suffers Severe Burns After His Cell Phone Igni - 01/16/07 04:57 PM

59-year-old Luis Picaso has been badly burned when a cell phone ignited in his pants pocket. His nylon and polyester clothes caught alight and he suffered burns to his upper body, right arm, and right leg. He is in a stable condition in hospital.

The fire was contained by sprinklers after a chair also ignited. Emergency workers found Picaso on the floor in the bathroom of his hotel room with second- and third-degree burns to over half his body.

Between the fire and the sprinkler system approximately $75,000 damage was done to the building. So far authorities are refusing to release any details about the malfunctioning phone including what model it is and which company manufactured it.

Source