UGN Security
Posted By: §intå× Pirates Share First HD-DVD - 01/19/07 03:13 PM
Much to the chagrin of movie producers, the world's first high definition movie was ripped, packed, and shared via the popular P2P protocol BitTorrent today.

The movie, Serenity, was ripped off the new HD-DVD format despite extensive copy protection technology. The file was then compressed using MPEG-4 VC-1 and then released as a .EVO file weighing in at a rather large 19.6Gb.

The discovery of a high definition movie on a file sharing service is seen as further proof that hackers have indeed cracked the AACE copy-protection seen on next generation HD-DVDs.

Source
Posted By: §intå× Re: Pirates Share First HD-DVD - 01/19/07 03:19 PM
Wow, I sure hope the MPAA didn't spend too much time or money on the security of HD-DVD. Billions you say.. Wow. Blue Ray I have heard has a fall back security for when the primary fails. HD-DVD is the new DIVX it seems.

[googlevideo]2836650301510881375[/googlevideo]
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Pirates Share First HD-DVD - 01/20/07 12:05 AM
lol I love video posting
Posted By: Artic Warrior Re: Pirates Share First HD-DVD - 01/21/07 01:58 AM
hahaha I didn't know we could post vids on the forums. And very cool. Now I just need a bigger hard drive and more patience.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Pirates Share First HD-DVD - 01/21/07 04:34 AM
Originally Posted by Artic Warrior
hahaha I didn't know we could post vids on the forums. And very cool. Now I just need a bigger hard drive and more patience.
Have only for the last few days; see site news
© UGN Security Forum