UGN Security
Posted By: §intå× Windows Vista Hits Black Market - 01/22/07 03:43 PM
More than a week before it's official release, Windows Vista is already being sold on Chinese shelves in a 2 CD box set.

The software, which can be purchased for the low price of only $2.50 (USD) on the Asian Black Market, is thought to be a Frankenbuild version based on the beta build released to consumers to test last year.

Asian consumers generally make less money than their American and European counterparts and black markets in those areas have been quick to pick up the slack in offering software generally found to be too expensive.

Source
Posted By: §intå× Re: Windows Vista Hits Black Market - 01/22/07 03:52 PM
[googlevideo]-251168487565560616[/googlevideo]
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Windows Vista Hits Black Market - 01/22/07 11:27 PM
That video was funny, but slow as piss in some areas smirk
Posted By: Girlie Re: Windows Vista Hits Black Market - 01/23/07 02:06 PM
My boyfriend has been testing Vista for a month or so and says that it sucks badly.

Apparently it blue screens for no apparent reason.

...his boss put up a count down clock at work for the release date, and everyone is dreading the tech calls...

I don't think I'd pay 2.50 USD for it.
Posted By: §intå× Re: Windows Vista Hits Black Market - 01/23/07 02:40 PM
Each version to come out has sucked badly. lol There is no reason to think Visa with DRM will be any different. Some have sucked more than others. Windows Me for example. I think I just puked a little in my mouth.

Vista will probably be the last commercially successful Windows in my opinion anyway. Linux is catching on and more and more the info is on the network, not the hard drive. To many the network is the computer. For most that just want to check email, play solitary, and do some word processing or spread sheet work. Linux truly can cover all of that much cheaper and not leave the users vulnerable every time they click a link.

IE 6 on Win XP pro with service pack 2 installed for example. I was able to crash the browser with a Style sheet. lol A [censored] style sheet should never crash a browser.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Windows Vista Hits Black Market - 01/23/07 03:13 PM
I heard somewhere that MS was building a new OS from the ground up... Evidently they discovered the error of their ways was the existing (ancient) code everything is built on...

Also, IE7 is a waste of time, don't install it; that is all i have to say on this matter...
© UGN Security Forum