UGN Security
County worker Thomas Katona felt he was doing the right thing by helping a poor Nigerian recover funds after a devastating civil war. He was sure no one from Nigeria would try to scam him out of $1.25 million in county funds.

The duped worker sent all of his life savings and then proceeded to send $1,236,700 of country funds to a scam artist in response to an E-mail plea for help. The scam was uncovered when he went to England to meet with the scammers.

The Michigan Attorney General, Mike Cox, said recovery efforts are underway but holds little hope that any of the money will be found. "Every part of this makes you wonder, 'What was he thinking?' " spokesman Matt Frendeway said.

Source
Holy [censored], people really fall for these?
lol hard to belive

Quote:
He was sure no one from Nigeria would try to scam him out of $1.25 million in county funds.
screw that, i'd scam it out of him in a heartbeat, then i'd run to sweeden..
I quoted that because I think this guy is stupid for thinking the email came from Nigeria in the first place. Even still if it had "in all of Nigeria no one will scam you" is a pretty ignorant idea. It is wild this guy made it this far in life.
I get those emails sometimes I read them and actually feel bad knowing that for someone out there it could be true. But seriously, Nigeria. What a nut job.
© UGN Security Forum