UGN Security
NEW YORK (Reuters) - T-Mobile USA, owned by Deutsche Telekom, plans to launch cellular phones this summer that can roam on Wi-Fi hotspots, carrying calls over the Web, the Wall Street Journal reported on its Web site on Thursday.

Source
I wonder if they'll have that on the free phones they give to you for signing up. That'd be nice. I use T-Mobile. Pretty good so far, no complaints. Hopefully next time my phone dies or breaks or stops working, I can get one with wi fi romaing!! yess.. or maybe they'll just make it on cell phones you pay hundreds of dollars for, or at least a hundred. I wouldn't pay more than I had to for a phone. I just need a phone! sheesh. text-keypad video phones with cameras... well, I guess a camera would be kinda cool..
Well, they use wifi hotspots, and not mobile web, so I'd assume that if you bought the phone it'd be an option on the phone vs your network, so it should work on ToGo phones (which I have).

I doubt it'd be on the cheap phones they give you at a shop for prepaid and all that, but if they give away free razr's then i'd immagine that one of the options they'll have will be wifi phones.

I am looking to upgrade my phone, Nokia 6133 (well, I'm hoping for a 6131 for MP3 ringtone support which no one offers anymore due to DRM). I have a Nokia 6102 right now that I had to settle on.
© UGN Security Forum