UGN Security
Posted By: Chem Nvidia releases pic of NV40 - 04/09/04 06:23 AM
Nvidia's worst kept secret the NV40 is going to be released soon, and images of the card have revealed some more than interesting tidbits.

-Dual DVI out
-Has two molex connecters, one of which requires a dedicated power rail (Sweet Jesus!)
-16 pipelines @ 210 millions of transistors
-Makes an ATI 9800 Pro look like an old piece of [censored].

The graphic wars are heating up again, and with Nvidia winning the race with ATI, there's going to be some very interesting developments.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: D347H Re: Nvidia releases pic of NV40 - 04/09/04 04:58 PM
Dual DVI intresting move.
More power omg. must mean more heat, wonder how the hsf is like.
Certainley shits over the 9800.
Hopefully nvidia lowers prices of ATI's 9000 series.
I reckon Nvidia will keep the crown for a long time yet and will have to see the legit scores of this mammoth.
Posted By: Chem Re: Nvidia releases pic of NV40 - 04/09/04 10:32 PM
Here's a new pic showing off the mysterious connector in the back.

[Linked Image]
Edit:
Unlike the first image, this pic shows its actually a thin heatsink for part of the power supply, and not actually a connector.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Nvidia releases pic of NV40 - 04/09/04 10:59 PM
I donno, I still prefer the ATI's for some reasons smirk...
Posted By: Chem Re: Nvidia releases pic of NV40 - 04/14/04 05:37 PM
[Linked Image]

Almost 15,000 points in 3DMark03 running at stock.

[Linked Image]
Not sure if this is a real-time rendering or if its just showing off the Unreal3 engine (which isn't coming out for a few years).

[Linked Image]

And a picture of a beta unit being used, which is larger than the retail version, but still shows the [censored] mammoth size of it.
[Linked Image]

And here's some leaked [T]ardOCP benchmarks and review, the review does a terrible job comparing it to other cards, but has some worth while information,
http://mbnet.fi/elixir/NV40/
Posted By: Chem Re: Nvidia releases pic of NV40 - 04/14/04 09:35 PM
Well, it's the 14th, and that means all the people with Beta units of the card can finally break there NDA's with Nvidia and release there reviews.

Here's the creme of the crop so far:
http://www.beyond3d.com/previews/nvidia/nv40/
http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2004q2/geforce-6800ultra/index.x?pg=1
Posted By: Juno_NH Re: Nvidia releases pic of NV40 - 12/30/04 11:18 PM
im still running on RADEON 9600 XT's in 2 machines, and the third has the 9200 SE, but i see some of the newer stuff their coming out with, and even tho it doesn't look so amazing, i bet it will contend with the best nVidia has to offer, i just find ATI can keep their secrets better, and can usaully pull something special out when the chips are down.
Posted By: Furious George Re: Nvidia releases pic of NV40 - 02/04/05 03:27 AM
ya I'm an ati man, and i too am waiting for ati to up the ante. although definitely not pleased about the separate power rail, god knows how hot those things must run.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Nvidia releases pic of NV40 - 02/04/05 04:56 AM
I just got an ATI All in Wonder 9600 from NewEgg for like $99; bought the Zalman heatpipe from NewEgg as well; I expect it to be a nice combination...

My next PC i'm unsure what video card i'm going to go with, but I know it'll at least be the ATI 9800 with a zalman heatpipe as well (though it'll have to use the extra zalman cooler but I buy that anyway).
Posted By: Chem Re: Nvidia releases pic of NV40 - 02/17/05 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo:
I just got an ATI All in Wonder 9600 from NewEgg for like $99; bought the Zalman heatpipe from NewEgg as well; I expect it to be a nice combination...

My next PC i'm unsure what video card i'm going to go with, but I know it'll at least be the ATI 9800 with a zalman heatpipe as well (though it'll have to use the extra zalman cooler but I buy that anyway).
Grab a 6600GT, I picked one up a month ago and I couldn't be happier.

It's quite a bit more powerful than a 9800 XT, overclocks like a champ, and is cheaper than a 9800 pro.

It's a next gen card that isn't too expencive, and is more loaded with featuers than anything ATI has on the market (pixel shader 3.0, 16x aa, etc)
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Nvidia releases pic of NV40 - 02/17/05 02:04 PM
yeh well my card has been modified, plus i'm happy with it wink ... perhaps in the next one...
Posted By: Imaruki Re: Nvidia releases pic of NV40 - 02/28/05 05:19 AM
I just bought the Radeon 850XT and I love it.
© UGN Security Forum