UGN Security
Posted By: JCrusher69 Controlling Keyboards - 11/13/02 08:40 PM
I'm on a LAN at a college and my computer scinece prof. told me that there is a way to control keyboards of other computers on the network, but wouldn't tell me how...anyone know how to do this?
Posted By: JCrusher69 Re: Controlling Keyboards - 11/13/02 08:47 PM
Or better yet can anyone give me a website where I could obtain such knowledge?
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Controlling Keyboards - 11/13/02 09:03 PM
well, i suppose you might be able to use visual basic, to connect to the computer with winsock, and possibly use sendkeys to send keyboard keys to that computer...
Posted By: JCrusher69 Re: Controlling Keyboards - 11/13/02 09:10 PM
Well it seemed to me that it might have been done using a Net send like technique.
Posted By: sinetific Re: Controlling Keyboards - 11/14/02 05:24 AM
If I were you. I would go itno that class and tell that teacher he is full of [censored] and tell him to prove it. Say doing something like that would require more programming than he is capable of. Honestly I think it is possible, but its a lot more complex than a net command. So push your teacher to teach you show him your interested. And call him out when you think he's full of [censored] I love doing that. the teachers hate it. If there is a way to do it like that I dont know it, and now im kind of interested.
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Controlling Keyboards - 11/14/02 05:52 AM
This happened to me once believe it or not in my school. I doubt it will work, but I'll tell you anyway. The school is connected to a LAN (DUH) and I was cruising on the net looking for adult content (Like I was really going to do work) and then all the sudden my wordpad poped up and the teacher sent "This Is Not Work" to my computer. He told me he did it though the Novell Client they have. So there is one way he also said it was possible to do it sort of the way backslash said to. Of course anything is possible as long as you have the tools to do it with.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Controlling Keyboards - 11/14/02 08:18 AM
yeah Shinobi is right, you can do it with Novell very easy. But i don't know about the thing that backslash said, it'd probably require some high programming skills to acomplish something like that. I think it could be done by some other program like for example, you would install the Main Control of the program in your computer, and istall "clients" on other computers on the LAN so then you'd be able to control every computer keyboard from your PC. I'm not talking about trojans ok. So don't bug me with that [censored].

bp
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Controlling Keyboards - 11/14/02 03:10 PM
Timbuktu is a network monitoring tool that the admins had installed in the computer lab at school. I used that to do stuff like Shinobi described. Otherwise, I'd just write a client/server deal like backslash described.
Posted By: AlienTerror Re: Controlling Keyboards - 11/14/02 03:32 PM
my school has a lot of bugs in the novell sectory, but i can't do a [censored] becuase my acc is under surveillance.
But my friends love to play with it...
In my vision Novell is pretty buggy
(of what i've heard and seen)
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Controlling Keyboards - 11/15/02 08:20 AM
maybe but after all Novell is a pretty good [censored]. Even here in my cisco academy they use it, it's really good.

btw SR can i download that "Timbuktu" somewhere ?

bp
Posted By: Rapture Re: Controlling Keyboards - 11/15/02 08:38 AM
he';s probably talking about one of those programs that run in the background and someone on another comp (if they know the IP) can mess with them.

eject CD
type words
restart comp
ect ect ect

lame program! lame l33t teacher!
Posted By: AlienTerror Re: Controlling Keyboards - 11/15/02 06:30 PM
like netbus??
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Controlling Keyboards - 11/15/02 10:18 PM
no. There's trojan's and then there's network administration tools. The difference is that trojans are invisible and the administration tools are "usually" visible via an icon in the tray.

Timbuktu *used* to be downloadable - at least a free trial. I had done so a few years ago while trying to mess with the one at school. Dunno where, do a search for goodness sake.
Posted By: Mornse Re: Controlling Keyboards - 11/16/02 12:34 AM
"Remote Administrator" for NT is what i've seen people use. Search around for that software if ya want. WinXP has "Remote Desktop" built in, which allows you to control the screen of another WinXP computer. I think win2k has something like that built in also. Check the services list in the control panel.
© UGN Security Forum