Importing RealPlayer Files to iTunes

Posted by: ALOHA3865

Importing RealPlayer Files to iTunes - 01/05/06 10:27 AM

Hoping to find a "downloadable" solution to the problem encountered when trying to import real player audio files into iTunes. I previously ripped my entire CD collection with Real Player and the result is 20GB of .ra files. Now I use iTunes, and it won't import or "read" these file types, even when I manually change the file type to mp3. Any advice on software available to convert these files? I was hoping to avoid re-ripping my entire CD collection into iTunes.
Mahalo
Posted by: §intå×

Re: Importing RealPlayer Files to iTunes - 01/05/06 11:57 AM

LOL just re-rip it. Why you would ever choose realPlayer is a mystery. It was a good player a few years back, now it is a nasty spyware ridden program I'd rather nuke than install on my PC. Try using windows encoding wma. It is okay, or just rip out MP3's
Posted by: HighLander

Re: Importing RealPlayer Files to iTunes - 01/05/06 01:52 PM

You can find software all over the net that will convert .ra to .mp3 for example :

RM to MP3 Converter 1.01
Posted by: Gremelin

Re: Importing RealPlayer Files to iTunes - 01/05/06 03:43 PM

I much, MUCH prefer MP3's to any other format as they're ultimately universal (even on some DVD players)...

As for a solution, do as HighLander stated, you're not trying to IMPORT, you're going to want to CONVERT to which you'll need a program (such as what he's included).

In the future, AudioGrabber is now FREEWARE, use it to rip MP3's.