UGN Security
Posted By: ALOHA3865 Importing RealPlayer Files to iTunes - 01/05/06 06:27 PM
Hoping to find a "downloadable" solution to the problem encountered when trying to import real player audio files into iTunes. I previously ripped my entire CD collection with Real Player and the result is 20GB of .ra files. Now I use iTunes, and it won't import or "read" these file types, even when I manually change the file type to mp3. Any advice on software available to convert these files? I was hoping to avoid re-ripping my entire CD collection into iTunes.
Mahalo
LOL just re-rip it. Why you would ever choose realPlayer is a mystery. It was a good player a few years back, now it is a nasty spyware ridden program I'd rather nuke than install on my PC. Try using windows encoding wma. It is okay, or just rip out MP3's
You can find software all over the net that will convert .ra to .mp3 for example :

RM to MP3 Converter 1.01
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Importing RealPlayer Files to iTunes - 01/05/06 11:43 PM
I much, MUCH prefer MP3's to any other format as they're ultimately universal (even on some DVD players)...

As for a solution, do as HighLander stated, you're not trying to IMPORT, you're going to want to CONVERT to which you'll need a program (such as what he's included).

In the future, AudioGrabber is now FREEWARE, use it to rip MP3's.
© UGN Security Forum