UGN Security
Posted By: Spyrios Revolution OS - 03/17/04 11:32 AM
Anyone besides me seen this documentary? If not anyone who hasn't and is interested in where *Nix flavors came from needs to. Just watched it tonight. Got it from Netflix (sorry if plugs are bad here),but rent it download it or whatever. It answered alot of my questions.
Posted By: §intå× Re: Revolution OS - 03/17/04 03:18 PM
Never heard of it, and as long as it isn't yours it is fine here. Welcome to UGN and thank for the movie title. I will check it out.
Posted By: Spyrios Re: Revolution OS - 03/17/04 09:37 PM
Not mine, not that big of a geek yet,lol. But i posted it in the newbie forun cause it was alot of info that anyone who was around for awhile would know i'm sure, but seeind old school hackers talk about the open source revolution and the explanation of the GPL was really cool and inspiring to this newb. The website is revolution-os.com
Posted By: Infinite Re: Revolution OS - 03/18/04 02:24 AM
Yeh, I heard of it not too long ago. I'd buy it but the friggin thing is $50. That's a little much for one movie. I would still like to see it though.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Revolution OS - 03/18/04 02:48 AM
Lol, I still won't buy movies for more than $20; IMO it's not worth it... I mean they put the movie out for less than a dollar, and the movie makers only see a dollar off every dvd; so their making $14 proffit on new videos (plus store markup)...
Posted By: Spyrios Re: Revolution OS - 03/18/04 04:35 AM
Well i don't know what this means but the website makes it very clear that the DVD is region free and not encrypted. and if you had seen the movie you would know that the directors are very into free stuff, kinda makes me wonder.
Posted By: Ice Re: Revolution OS - 03/18/04 11:41 AM
i dont buy movies.. i think its retarted paying 20 to watch a movie couple times...

But if you really like the movie, then you should buy it.
© UGN Security Forum