UGN Security
Posted By: Moffesto USB Scanner - 07/20/02 05:53 PM
Ok, i have a new usb scanner for my aunts laptop and it dont have usb, there is no parallel port connection on the printer USB ONLY. Is there converters i can use to get it to work, like serial to USB or parallel to USB or something, thanks.
Posted By: mtlhd Re: USB Scanner - 07/20/02 09:38 PM
Well I found lots of stuff on this from google so So you might wanta try checking for youself here:

USB gear

Google Search 1

Google Search 2
Posted By: Scallion Re: USB Scanner - 07/21/02 06:49 PM
Hm...I dont deal with USB much (using a P133 Linux box as I do...) but I've heard the term "USB Hub" -- maybe this is something you can plug into yo' 'puter and get the hookup with.
Posted By: Mornse Re: USB Scanner - 07/24/02 01:38 AM
A USB hub basically plugs into one of your USB ports on your computer and allows a few USB devices to plug into the hub, so you can have more USB devices connected. As far as I understood.
Posted By: Moffesto Re: USB Scanner - 07/24/02 02:56 AM
yeah, thats what i was thinging.... everywhere i look it shows [censored] like usb to serial/parallel and requires USB on your pc and plugs into a serial/parallel device. I think i will just have to buy a damn USB card for the laptop... they cost out the [censored] at stores that ive been to today to look.
Posted By: thebluegiant Re: USB Scanner - 07/28/02 12:00 AM
Shame on me, I didn't go to the links mt posted, but basically, yes, there is. I have two of them actually.

Little things where you put the usb in one end and the other's a serial conection. Bout an inch long. I've seen them at staples . . .
© UGN Security Forum