UGN Security
Posted By: Lang Proxy Use - 01/04/06 10:14 AM
Just like *cough* everyone else, i... got banned from a forum or something and need to hide my i/p for legitimate reasons. laugh

Problem being, after typing in the proxy into my browser, sites are still seeing my old i/p. Could this be because I'm on cable?

Anyway, I tried using a online cgi instead, works like a charm changing my i/p, but a few problems:
1. Free SSL cgi are far and few which makes forming a chain difficult
2. Most proxies have some sort of problem loading forms, specifically the one I need which makes hiding my i/p useless if I can't even use the site.

So, I need a solution to either of my problem: getting browser proxies to work or a real good cgi? Help please?
Posted By: Ghost Re: Proxy Use - 01/04/06 10:34 AM
It's probably the individual proxy you're using. If it sends X-Forwarded-for, it'll send your IP address. Your best bet is to use a SOCKS or HTTP proxy that does not forward such headers. There are many lists out there.

You're doing this because you got banned from a forum? Lame. That's a great way to get yourself perma banned for evasion everytime they figure out it's you posting again.
© UGN Security Forum