UGN Security
Posted By: WarEagle Java & WindowsME - 04/11/02 02:52 AM
Is there anyone who can tell me how to set command path on WinME if I am using version
jdk1.2.2
I cannot run the javac.exe file without having to type the path everytime
\jdk1.2.2\bin
Has anyone encountered the same problem?
I am new to computers all together, so if this is a stupid question...please bare w/ me. cool
Posted By: pergesu Re: Java & WindowsME - 04/20/02 11:05 AM
Windows 98 and Windows 95 - To set the PATH permanently, open the AUTOEXEC.BAT file and add or change the PATH statement as follows:

Start the system editor. Choose "Start", "Run" and enter sysedit, then click OK. The system editor starts up with several windows showing. Go to the window that is displaying AUTOEXEC.BAT.

Look for the PATH statement. (If you don't have one, add one.) If you're not sure where to add the path, add it to the right end of the PATH. For example, in the following PATH statement, we have added the bin directory at the right end:

PATH C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\JDK1.2.2\BIN

Capitalization doesn't matter. The PATH can be a series of directories separated by semi-colons ( wink. Microsoft Windows searches for programs in the PATH directories in order, from left to right. You should only have one bin directory for the Java 2 SDK in the path at a time (those following the first are ignored), so if one is already present, you can update it to 1.2.2.

To make the path take effect in the current Command Prompt window, execute the following:
C:> c:\autoexec.bat

To find out the current value of your PATH, to see if it took effect, at the command prompt, type:
C:> path

It's all in the included documentation smile
© UGN Security Forum