UGN Security
I just recently put Knoppix onto a floppy to use it as a boot up type of Linux. When my computer boots up, it automatically loads the floppy up and a screen comes up with a picture in the background. It has a couple of things I can chose to do, one is to boot up windows and another is to boot up Knoppix but when I try to boot up Knoppix a error occurs and it says something about there was no partion. If anyone knows what might be wrong, will you please write what you think. Any suggestions would be helpful, or if you can give me a link to a site that has a download for free it would be helpful. Thanks.
http://www.knoppix.net
The problem might be that Knoppix won't fit on a floppy in the first place :x At least not that I'm aware of. But I'm in no way qualified to give Linux help...there's the link you asked for anyway.
Sounds like what you want is an older version of QNX. I have a version on floppy. It is awsome

Loads a basic GUI. Browser, text editor, Calculator, and basic *nix file system(of course).

Try looking for version 3.0 of QNX. Maybe try kazaa or filesearching.com. It was a free download back in the day. Not sure if the company makes site owners take it down or what. I tryed to get you a link.

It is posix compliant. Runs a micro kernel.
Unless you really need to boot from a floppy, you should get the CD version of Knoppix. I have used it a bunch before. There is no partioning of hardrive space and the CD version has a lot more content as well.

If your comp wont boot from a CD then try to tweak your boot order in your BIOS.

I'm pretty sure 3.5 is the latest version. Also try looking at P.H.L.A.K, its another LINUX boot cd that has a lot of cool utilities as well, and its uber fast.

Hope I helped.
Hmmmm, I have QNX on floppy but can't seem to zip it as windows dosen't recognize any of the files. As soon as I figure out how to get it on the web I will put up a download link on here. It is a free ware leagle version. So no talk of warez. It pretty much rocks. It is the lightest Unix OS I have ever heard of. 1.5 meg and you are up and running with a GUI and internet enabled.
© UGN Security Forum