UGN Security
Posted By: §intå× Finding Nemo Plagarised? - 01/04/04 06:56 AM
A children's book author from France is taking media congolomerate Disney to court over their hit CGI film, "Finding Nemo." Franck Le Calvez wrote a story about Pierrot, who is a clown fish and is separated from his family, which also happens to Nemo.

Le Clavez is suing for breach of copyright and breach of trademark, and will also be requesting that any merchandise relating to the Disney/Pixar film be removed from French shops.

The case will be heard in court in February, and Disney said: "Finding Nemo, which is owned by Pixar and Disney, was independently developed and does not infringe anyone's copyright or trademarks. Obviously, it is up to the courts to decide..."

Source
Posted By: sinetific Re: Finding Nemo Plagarised? - 01/06/04 02:38 AM
Good, thats what they get for building euro-disney. <french-accent>Stupid Americans</french-accent>
Posted By: Sicosis Re: Finding Nemo Plagarised? - 01/08/04 12:39 AM
[censored] France
Posted By: MuNchKin16 Re: Finding Nemo Plagarised? - 01/08/04 06:21 AM
i agree with pc_phreak..
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Finding Nemo Plagarised? - 01/08/04 03:10 PM
Only good thing to come from france is mayonaise...
Posted By: dashocker Re: Finding Nemo Plagarised? - 01/09/04 08:36 AM
I think my history book proves that after homo sapiens split into neandrathals and homo sapiens sapiens (the species every human is today) that the neandrathals all lived in France.
Posted By: MuNchKin16 Re: Finding Nemo Plagarised? - 01/09/04 10:25 AM
lol gizmo, i dont even know about that one tho....mayos pretty gross.
Posted By: fleshwound Re: Finding Nemo Plagarised? - 01/11/04 01:29 AM
yeah mayo is sick.

this just goes to show you that americans are constantly ripping off good things from other countries. just look at the movie the ring, in japan Ringu kicked [censored]. when we stole it and re-made it, it turned to total [censored]. just like The Eye. great asian film. Gothika was a piece of crap.
© UGN Security Forum