UGN Security
Posted By: Deviation187 Second Kazaa virus - 07/04/02 06:30 AM
A new virus called Backdoor.K0wbot.1.3.B replicates itself, infecting KaZaA users who unknowingly download an infected file. Backdoor also infects via the IRC remote-control backdoor component -- hence the name. As "Tech Live" reports tonight, Backdoor is not the first virus to infect KaZaA users and is a reminder of the risk of infection that can sometimes come with using file-sharing services.

Once executed, Backdoor can gain control of a victim's computer. Specifically, the the code can update the virus by downloading a newer version, reporting information about the infected system -- CPU speed, memory, operating system version, uptime, Internet connection type, local IP address. It also reports installed software and performs different IRC commands, including flooding other users of the chat server.

On computers running the KaZaA software, Backdoor replicates copies of itself, making hundreds of copies and renaming them as tantalizing media downloads.

Thanx TechTv
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Second Kazaa virus - 07/04/02 08:32 AM
this news article is oddly familiar......could it be that it is already posted on the front page....imagine that....heres the link

http://www.techtv.com/news/security/story/0,24195,3390306,00.html

dev, i swear you post the most useless topics sometimes...don't let the top 25 thing get to your head...../me runs off to make more pointless posts
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: Second Kazaa virus - 07/04/02 09:18 AM
its on the front page? lol oh... i just looked around and that intrested me, so i put it, (notice i credited techtv so..)

(my pointless posts are sometimes due to the fact that theres nothign else to do so i just go run and do those) but some catch on.. lol laugh
Posted By: Paragon Re: Second Kazaa virus - 07/04/02 02:06 PM
What's this about an IRC backdoor?
Posted By: ninjaneo Re: Second Kazaa virus - 07/20/02 03:35 PM
If you wanna see something elite that someone elite did to an IRC backdoor... www.grc.com
read the DDoS story
Posted By: Paragon Re: Second Kazaa virus - 07/22/02 11:47 AM
Wow, thanks for the link man, there's some good reading there!
And now I know more about the raw sockets issue I kept meaning to look into.
© UGN Security Forum