UGN Security
The company Veritouch says that copyright watchdogs the RIAA and MPAA have looked at a technology called iVue which Veritouch created with a Swedish design company. The technology promises to stop file sharing by biometric means.
Veritouch says: "In practical terms, VeriTouch's breakthrough in anti-piracy technology means that no delivered content to a customer may be copied, shared or otherwise distributed because each file is uniquely locked by the customer's live fingerprint scan."

The source link does not say how the technology works nor does it describe the reception the RIAA and MPAA gave to the software.

Source
Yeah, I'm gonna let the RIAA have my fingerprint. These people need to understand some [censored]: if we don't buy their products, they get no money. It's that simple. It's not an honor to buy music/movies, etc. They act like they're gracing us with their presence or something and it's so great we are even allowed to view this amazing media! Gimme a break.
Think of the hardware that would be required for this. By the time this is mainstrem it would be hacked so manny times.
I got a better idea. Why doesn't the RIAA develop a skull implant for our MP3's and CD audio files! Make them read only, and only people who have the skull implant can listen to their craptastic music!
Damn RIAA. I can live without music at least until that stupid company goes out of business.. but the government is probably gonna give it money and crap.
Quote:
Originally posted by Red Mage:
Damn RIAA. I can live without music at least until that stupid company goes out of business.. but the government is probably gonna give it money and crap.
Not likely. See the RIAA is realy just an assotiation all the companys belong to. It isn't like the airline industry. If they go under it will not affect many other industrys. It is in a class all by it's self.

I am up for a boycott on buying music. Say 2 years then re-evaluate.
http://www.boycott-riaa.com/
i have no issues with boycotting music but movies are another story but i still say the RIAA can kiss my [censored] if they think they're gonna get me to do anything to give them my identification by a body part. i dont even really like finger printing my paychecks at us bank....
© UGN Security Forum