UGN Security
Posted By: §intå× Pay Phones Becoming Antiques - 03/06/04 05:18 PM
BellSouth has pulled out of the pay phone business and is selling its pay phones. Collectors have rushed online to get then and there is a 300 person waiting lit for the phones which are being sold for $135 each. So far, the company has made $18,000.

Hugh Bowen, an Atlanta man who bought one of the phones, says: "It's a novelty. You just don't usually see pay phones in people's homes." The pay phones have been refurbished so they plug directly into one's phone jack and do not require coins.

Since more and more Americans have cell phones, pay phones are quickly becoming a thing of the past. Nationwide, there are 29.5% less pay phones than there were five years ago. Part of the proceeds from BellSouth's sales goes to charity.

Source
Posted By: §intå× Re: Pay Phones Becoming Antiques - 03/06/04 05:51 PM
http://www.bellsouthpioneers.org/

Want a payphone of your own? See link above...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Pay Phones Becoming Antiques - 03/06/04 06:09 PM
I wish I had the cash to buy at least one :'(...
Posted By: shelli Re: Pay Phones Becoming Antiques - 03/06/04 06:28 PM
we have one. well, not one of theirs, but when i met my boyfriend, he already had a payphone. i have no idea where he even got it. ill ask him though. its pretty cool, people always, ask to use the phone, and when i say, oh, its over there on the wall, they look around and like go oh, does this work without coins? yea, we use it to save our quarters for laundry. it does freak people out a little bit. smile ill find out where he got it and let you guys know.
Posted By: §intå× Re: Pay Phones Becoming Antiques - 03/06/04 07:36 PM
I signed up, but 300 people in front of me, I have my fingeers crossed
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Pay Phones Becoming Antiques - 03/10/04 01:25 PM
Gimme j00r payphone!
Posted By: shelli Re: Pay Phones Becoming Antiques - 03/11/04 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo:
Gimme j00r payphone!
nuhugh.nope no way. for 5000.00 dollars? smile hey, seriously, i just asked bob where he got the one we got, he said at"fingerhut", i dont know if you know what that is? its a catalogue company. he got it like 10 years ago, and it cost him 50.00 bucks.
© UGN Security Forum