UGN Security
Elisabeth Junttila, head of a nationwide association, has said children easily become addicted to video games, and spend all their free time in front of the computer, gorging on junk food.

Frank Lindblad, a child psychiatrist at Sweden's Karolinska Institute, said ". . . it has been proved beyond dispute that people who watch a lot of violence on television develop aggressive behavior."

"They run a very high risk of criminal behavior ... there's a lot suggesting that video games are worse. The border between the virtual reality and the real world becomes diffuse and . . . dangerous."

Source
I have heard this crap all my life. I rember playing Super Mario Brothers and hearing this about that.
That's funny, I'm completely certain of what is real and what is not.. :p OH MY GOD!! THERE'S A PURPLE CGI MONKEY IN MY COMPUTER!! IT'S GONNA EAT ME!!
Hahah.. stupid people.. I play the most violent video games you'll ever see (Doom, GTA, XIII, ect.) and all of my teachers are like "Oh, he's such a nice kid." Just wait till they find out that video games make people violent wink
My question is...how can you NOT watch violence on television? I love these sort of "studies"...they have absolutely no proof behind them whatsoever...it's like the supposed connection between marijuana and harder drugs: just because people who do other drugs have used marijuana, and people who have played video games have commited violence, doese not mean there is a direct link.
I'm form the nintendo generation, i've been playing violent video games all my life, i've been watching violent tv shows all my life and so have all of my friends. i'm not murderer or drug head or comit crimes because of the video games and neither do my friends. the thing with these studies is that they only study people who have been know for violence, they leave out people who are perfectly fine and play the same amount of games as the "bad" people do because if they included us that would mean they wouldnt be able to try and take away our games and tv... stupid evil dumb [censored]....
So you are saying thier study lacks a control and/or a method by which they prove thier findings.
All I know is I love to hit things and I've played since good ol' Atari, just before Nintendo.

When something is pissing me off I used to get mad, now I just stop playing and do something else. As for fat? 5'11" 135lbs and I love pizza... aaand chips... aaand apples!!! ...'n prety much anything called food.

So violence begats violence, I'll go with that. Laziness causes obesiety, I can see where you're comming from... Using a computer makes you lazy, now you're stretching it.

Ok, maybe. I'm lazy as hell, now that I can do everything I need on my computer. But what is lazy. I know I don't do things until the last minute, and I don't do anythign I don't have to do. However growing up at home I did have 3 brothers to compete with to use the compter.

So since I seem to be an exception to the rule I nominate the sweeds take this new info and add, big families take more laziness to get fat, except...except...except...except... I think you get my point, unless I'm jsut rambling now...am I?
© UGN Security Forum