UGN Security
Posted By: Ice Boy grabs knife after dad unplugs video game - 03/18/04 11:47 AM
A 13-year-old Hong Kong boy flew into a rage and threatened his parents with a kitchen knife after his father pulled the plug on his computer game, police said on Monday.

"The boy's mother told police the boy was thrashing about with a knife. Nobody was charged," a police spokeswoman said.

The father managed to overpower the boy and no one was injured in the fracas early on Sunday morning, a local newspaper reported.

The father pulled the plug on the game at around midnight when the boy refused to stop playing and go to bed.

Source: CNN
damn...that's [censored] up. i can understand being pissed, but that's insane.
And the critics will use this as another reason video games are bad. Chances are the boy is unstable already. But we will not hear about that [censored].
my question is why did his dad wait till midnight? i have 2 sons and i am a geek but you better believe that gaming till midnight is not an option in my house. (of course there might be exceptions, LANs and such, but as a rule no)
Quote:
Originally posted by Damn_Noob:
my question is why did his dad wait till midnight? i have 2 sons and i am a geek but you better believe that gaming till midnight is not an option in my house. (of course there might be exceptions, LANs and such, but as a rule no)
Hey another dad! What up man, Sin_tax, Learner either or. I might be the oldest person on here. How old are you. I am 28
I will be 28 in may,lol
you both are still youngins, im 44.
*shudders* i will never grow old. me and giz will stop ageing soon and we will live for ever!!!! *insert evil laugh here muwahahaha*
44, heh, I feel young again. You know the internet is kina cool. Strip away sex, race, age and any other visualy recognised features and you are left with what a person has to say. That is all you judge on on here.

I might have learned more from the teens on here that I have from the adults at my job. Pretty cool.
Yeh but internet sex sucks...
Children! Children! If the Daddy from Hong Kong
had given his CHILD some reasonable discipline
earlier, he would not have had this problem. The problem was not the game, it was the child's reaction to a reasonable request that was the problem.
granpa speaks true
© UGN Security Forum