UGN Security
Posted By: fuhreal Spoofing land lines to Cell #'s ? - 07/31/04 10:33 PM
I've been having this dude calling my place (live with my wife n her folks) He calls from many different cellular #'s from British Columbia (canada). We traced the cell numbers online to about 4 different cellular providers however, the search ends there. I'm wondering if its possible to find where the call is being routed from or if its possible that he's spoofing his number. We are quite sure its a crack head uncle my wife has calling to get money from an extremely giving brother but we don't want them to speak. Now I don't really feel to get the athorities involved as you all know its more fun to take care of business urself. Is this possible? If so... anyone know how? where to get info on this sort of thing? Maybe some hardware tracers like in the movies?? haha.. anyhow... any info would be greatly apreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: IceMyst Re: Spoofing land lines to Cell #'s ? - 08/01/04 02:34 AM
well if the number is a verizon wireless number you can call cust care and if your lucky they can tell you which cell tower the number originally came from then from there you have about 5 mile radius as to where that person is. adn i know with some other cell phone companies that if the phone is E911 capable they can trace the phone down to the think a 1 mile radius.

i hope that helps in some way.
Posted By: §intå× Re: Spoofing land lines to Cell #'s ? - 08/04/04 07:28 PM
I rember a program that allowed you to spoof caller ID. It was a perl script that had tones in *.wav files. You would type in whatever you wanted to show up on caller ID and then dial the number.... I will see if I can find it for you. I would think though that would would have to place the call with a computer to use it.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Spoofing land lines to Cell #'s ? - 08/05/04 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by spanky:
I rember a program that allowed you to spoof caller ID. It was a perl script that had tones in *.wav files. You would type in whatever you wanted to show up on caller ID and then dial the number.... I will see if I can find it for you. I would think though that would would have to place the call with a computer to use it.
Called an Orange Box; theres many versions; orignal idea from Lucky225; you can probably find writeups at http://www.verizonfears.com/
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Spoofing land lines to Cell #'s ? - 08/05/04 09:29 AM
Also, a quirk with the OrangeBox; the opening tone will knock people with Call Waiting Caller ID out of chat rooms on the Seattle Doughnut...
Posted By: §intå× Re: Spoofing land lines to Cell #'s ? - 08/05/04 02:03 PM
Very NICE!!!!
Posted By: n0mel Re: Spoofing land lines to Cell #'s ? - 08/07/04 06:39 AM
maybe he just has a lot of friends with cell phones wink or maybe he clones.
Posted By: fuhreal Re: Spoofing land lines to Cell #'s ? - 08/15/04 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by n0mel:
maybe he just has a lot of friends with cell phones wink or maybe he clones.
hehehe i was thinking that as well.... He has stopped calling i believe but i have been doing alot of overtime. Thanks for the replies though folks.... Going to look into the orangbox link now... thanks again pissed
Posted By: §intå× Re: Spoofing land lines to Cell #'s ? - 08/20/04 02:25 AM
Some boxes
http://www.aboutphone.info/lib/phreak/boxes-2.html
© UGN Security Forum