Elizabeth Smart makes people's "50 most beautiful" list.

Posted by: Girlie

Elizabeth Smart makes people's "50 most beautiful" list. - 05/02/05 12:10 AM

Elizabeth Smart, the Utah teenager who was abducted nearly three years ago, has won a more upbeat recognition, being named one of People magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People."

"It's a nice thing to have happen to her at this time," said Ed Smart, Elizabeth's father. "She was, of course, surprised. It was great for her self-image."

The annual "Beautiful People" issue, which hit newsstands Friday, is usually filled exclusively with entertainment stars, but this year they are joined by the 17-year-old blonde.

Elizabeth was abducted from her bedroom in June 2002. Nine months later, she was found on a suburban street with a transient couple who were charged with kidnapping her. The legal case against Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Barzee is still pending.

source

Re: Elizabeth Smart makes people's "50 most beautiful" list. - 05/02/05 12:11 AM

Personally, I'm still not completely convinced that she didn't go willingly...but hey, whatever floats your boat. As for being a part of the list, I don't really see where that comes from either....? Interesting none the less.
Posted by: Gremelin

Re: Elizabeth Smart makes people's "50 most beautiful" list. - 05/02/05 07:55 PM

Ok, she's kinda cute I guess, but I've seen much better looking...

Re: Elizabeth Smart makes people's "50 most beautiful" list. - 05/03/05 02:40 PM

I don't find her to be anything special, but what do I know. heh
Posted by: pergesu

Re: Elizabeth Smart makes people's "50 most beautiful" list. - 05/03/05 06:44 PM

I wouldn't nail her.
Posted by: IceMyst

Re: Elizabeth Smart makes people's "50 most beautiful" list. - 05/03/05 08:57 PM

She fugly... I wouldnt touch her with a 10 foot pole...