UGN Security
Posted By: §intå× Bush Signs Torture Ban - 12/16/05 02:34 PM
President Bush has signed off on Sen. John McCain's anti-torture proposal after threats of vetoes. This ban has been the subject of fierce negotiation for several months.

This deal maintains McCain's original proposal, which was approved by the Senate and endorsed by the House. One of the main roadblocks to the passing of this ban was VP Dick Cheney's request for a clause exempting the CIA from the torture ban.

President Bush claims the ban will "make it clear to the world that this government does not torture and that we adhere to the international convention of torture, whether it be here at home or abroad."

Source
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Bush Signs Torture Ban - 12/24/05 09:24 AM
Hey, if it takes the torture and possible murder of an insurgent to gain information on where a terrorist cell can be located to save millions of lives i say [censored] it, torture the [censored].
Posted By: zenon Re: Bush Signs Torture Ban - 04/05/06 11:01 AM
Holy [censored]. Did I go wrong somehere?
Maybe I typed http://www.underkrist.com instead..
Really, how the f*ck can you know this dude/gal your'e going to torture truly 100% IS a terrorist?

And please, define terrorist.
Let me remember you all USA-freaks that the goverment of USA has napalm-bombed civilians (yes; the Vietnam war!), nuke-bombed civilians (yes; WW2), and founded several military government raids such as in Afghanistan, Israel, Chile, and several others. !!!!!
Posted By: zenon Re: Bush Signs Torture Ban - 04/05/06 11:02 AM
So, the world isn't black XOR white.
Don't get me started about political history and right/wrong.
Posted By: unreal Re: Bush Signs Torture Ban - 04/06/06 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo:
Hey, if it takes the torture and possible murder of an insurgent to gain information on where a terrorist cell can be located to save millions of lives i say [censored] it, torture the [censored].
Even though this is an old thread, I'd like to point out that torture doesn't really work well in real life, unlike an episode of "24." Often, someone being tortured will just make up information in order to make the pain stop.
Posted By: 0uTk4sT Re: Bush Signs Torture Ban - 05/31/06 05:42 PM
true..but thats why you keep the person until you know the information is correct. The US is in trouble now because we lack information.
© UGN Security Forum