DND

Posted by: Tim the Enchanter

DND - 06/06/05 10:56 PM

You guys think you're so great with your computers and your POSPs let ask you a little question. WHAT YALL KNOW ABOUT DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Freakin best game ever man! Who woulda thunk sitting in a basement with a bunch of fellow losers rolling dice and sucking down Mr.pib could be so much damn fun!! Anyone who says otherwise doesnt have he brains to play a true nerd game.
Posted by: xacex

Re: DND - 06/07/05 04:39 AM

All I know about DND is that they made a DND movie that was so horrible I walked out after being forced against my will to go watch it.

and don't reply back with some random talk about you bringing out your +30 armor sword and blah blah blah
Posted by: IceMyst

Re: DND - 06/07/05 04:45 AM

I remember being little and seeing my brother and his friends take DnD to the next level. They made swords from plumbing piping and foam and made capes and stuff like that. Then going into the woods on the farm and physically playing the game...
Posted by: Abnormality

Re: DND - 06/12/05 10:23 AM

omg my dad and one of his freinds were in to that way back in the day. so weird, but i won't hate
Posted by: Infinite

Re: DND - 06/12/05 10:35 AM

Uhh... I played it. I still have my players handbook, fighter's handbook, and another class handbook, forget which. I also have some character sheets from some of my old characters. Think the only one that's any good in there is an Ogre fighter who's speciality was wrestling :p

I was also a big fan of M.E.R.P (middle earth role playing), but the one I played hardcore was Battletech. No, not mechwarrior, but the original Battletech (and Citytech and AeroTech). Played House Steiner originally, but once they introduced the Clans I was all about the Jade Falcons.

How's that for Old School? :p

I don't think I've touched any of those in over 10 years though.

Ash: +30 is way to high for D&D. You'd be some kind of demi-god with that thing. +1 to +5 (even that's high) would be about right.

j

note: for future, it's D&D, not DND: that doesn't even make sense.
Posted by: tyRion

Re: DND - 06/14/05 09:23 PM

I played it a few times, i started off playing Warhammer, i still have my High Elf army. I have the Players handbook and the monster Manual on my PC, along with random other little books, all in pdf format.

I got them in #mediaplace on EFnet off a guy called Larkyn who had a fServer for s60 apps and random other stuff on his PC

Played a few Steve Jackson games too, cant remember which

Quote:
goose (working out the details for drunken fighting in d&d) : You roll 1d20, then you roll another die, if thats even of odd you multiply or divide, then a 1d8 for the factor - this is known as the wasted fighting factor quotient. because you have to take into account deverity but there's the whole impervious to pain and beer muscle thing
Posted by: Girlie

Re: DND - 06/15/05 01:27 PM

I know more about this shit then I really ever cared to know...that's what I get for marrying someone who never grew up. These games are all retarded, hate to burst your bubble.
Posted by: Gremelin

Re: DND - 06/15/05 03:57 PM

I like Diablo/Diablo II; though I haven't really played in months...

Additionally I quite enjoyed Realm, in fact, I think i'll buy a year subscription soon..
Posted by: Artic Warrior

Re: DND - 06/16/05 10:36 AM

I am currently in a game of DND and we started of as epic characters, which made is more fun.
Its not that bad, but im getting less interested in it now. I also have a HE army for warhammer.
Posted by: Ntd

Re: DND - 06/17/05 02:20 AM

Wow, there are other games than counter-strike?
Posted by: Gremelin

Re: DND - 06/17/05 05:08 AM

Yeh, but I only play:
Age of Empires (and Rise of Rome expansion)
Age of Kings
The Realm Online
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction

Re: DND - 06/17/05 10:21 AM

Rome Total war is pretty sweet, but I still have Age of Kings. That will never get old, though I only play it in multiplayer these days since Its just to easy and the AI is getting a bit disapointing when the comp makes stupid mistakes.
Posted by: ErrOr404

Re: DND - 06/18/05 02:16 PM

I played it a few times, its actually quite good if you use your imagination.
Posted by: EndGame

Re: DND - 06/28/05 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo:
I like Diablo/Diablo II; though I haven't really played in months...

Additionally I quite enjoyed Realm, in fact, I think i'll buy a year subscription soon..
*nod*
awesome game, great gaming engine and borrows from DND and lends to the Lord of the Rings games...
Posted by: remaldar

Re: DND - 08/16/05 03:11 PM

I don't play DnD but I play Obsidian: The Age of Judgement
Posted by: Digital Geek

Re: DND - 08/16/05 04:04 PM

Never heard of it, but then again I'm not much of a gamer. How is that game ? Please post some screenshots.

Re: DND - 08/18/05 05:16 AM

I dont know if you talking about DND or Obsidian. I havent heard of Obsidian. DND is much bigger I think. Anyway a part of the company that brought us Magic The Gathering. I still have those cards (I played Black Green).

There arnt any screen shots cause they are both RPG's as far as I know.
If you want to know more about DND here is a link:

DND

Re: DND - 08/18/05 01:00 PM

Hey, thanks for the link. I thought Obsidian was a game like Diablo or something, that's why I asked for some screenshots.

Re: DND - 08/18/05 07:02 PM

Quote:
Anyway a part of the company that brought us Magic The Gathering. I still have those cards (I played Black Green).
White/Blue :p
Posted by: IceMyst

Re: DND - 08/18/05 10:34 PM

i used blue/green but that's cause my big brother forced me. then my fuck buddy made me use white (and i wooped his ass)
Posted by: remaldar

Re: DND - 08/18/05 11:33 PM

Naw Naw Obsidian is a game Like DND the books. THey are trying to get it made to a game but it is microsoft who would be making it so I am not sure.

Re: DND - 08/19/05 12:08 AM

Microsoft may suck at operating systems, but they can make some very nice games, so maybe this will turn out into something interesting
Posted by: EndGame

Re: DND - 08/22/05 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Digital Geek:
Microsoft may suck at operating systems, but they can make some very nice games, so maybe this will turn out into something interesting
yea, erm i have this one game of theirs where everytime i start my computer it boots up to this blue screen which says 'We have Encountered an Error with Windows'.
i havent made it to the next level yet.

Re: DND - 08/22/05 07:37 AM

lol. I have the cheats to that game if you want them endgame :p

My worst nightmare played white red in magic. He loved his mother of runes and circle of pretections. Plus white is made to be the bane of black decks which about 60% of my deck was.
I would like to see warhammer fantasy get turned into a game similar to AOE. That would be cool, speaking of AOE, has anyone got the 3rd one yet?

Re: DND - 08/25/05 07:33 AM

Quote:
He loved his mother of runes and circle of pretections.
I pissed people with a whole fleet of Serra Angels and doplegangers... Combined with as many counterspells as I could cram into a deck... And blue has many different types of those. People hated playing me