UGN Security
Posted By: dashocker Phantom a reality? - 12/12/03 07:37 AM
Check it out!
Looks real to me. They got a preview movie up, but it doesen't really show much game footage or the system itself. More like a commerical really. Also allows you to register for a pre-order. Site has a description of the Phantom as well. But the most exciting thing is there is an SDK available for download. Sweet!
Posted By: Chem Re: Phantom a reality? - 12/12/03 09:50 AM
The video of witch you speak of is over six months old.

The Phantom console, is nothing but a computer tipped on its side, and is currently eight times larger than the X-box.

The plans for the console include having all media for the console available through online stores and downloaded directly into the console, and everything is done with a credit card.

If you want to even but the console, you have to use your credit card to buy one through a store or website and Infinium will mail it to you.

The owner and CEO of Infinium labs has had a history of failed business's, which involve getting investors to pay large ammounts of money into a wonderful product, then the company claims bankruptcy.

Infinium Labs are real, they're just idiots, who know nothing about consoles or even the gaming industry.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dashocker Re: Phantom a reality? - 12/13/03 08:40 AM
Heh, thanks for the info Chem! I was trying to make an informative post for once...
Posted By: IceMyst Re: Phantom a reality? - 12/13/03 02:47 PM
yeah on a product that sucks...
Posted By: Vechen Re: Phantom a reality? - 12/13/03 04:30 PM
This is like Alienware, too good to be true, and it is.

What the hell kind of nutsack would buy this Phantom thing, raelly? It's like a computer thats made by say, Ford or Honda.
Posted By: Ice Re: Phantom a reality? - 12/14/03 05:03 AM
whats wrong with alienware .... ???
there sweet PC, my friend owns one, its a kick [censored] system.

http://www.alienware.com/gaming_main_desktop.aspx

Alienware are pretty good comps dude..
Posted By: Crime Re: Phantom a reality? - 12/16/03 04:52 AM
like i said before, BULLSHIT
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: Phantom a reality? - 12/16/03 08:01 AM
Goes back to the whole thing that it's a hoax.... To shake up the console market. As always wait and see what really becomes of it.... It's been old news and nothing "big" has yet to happen.
Posted By: Vechen Re: Phantom a reality? - 12/18/03 10:30 AM
If there really was an "Infium Labs" and they really did release a Phantom targetted at hardcore gamers then they would be [censored] out of luck.
Posted By: Ice Re: Phantom a reality? - 12/18/03 02:01 PM
Quote:

Infinium Labs are real, they're just idiots.
there is such a company, its just a really crapy company.

Thats why there product will never go anywhere.
© UGN Security Forum