UGN Security
Posted By: Grifter PS2 - 05/26/02 12:38 AM
hey has anyone ever had this prblem, your putting a brand new dvd and it wont work with your ps2?? help me out i just tryed to watch akira, and the last castle and both wouldnt work, also somtimes when i try to play some of my ps1 games on it doesnt work, games like crono trigger and bof3 help me out plz
Posted By: B.B.Gambini Re: PS2 - 05/26/02 02:59 AM
well it all depends on when u bought your PS2
some of the early ps2's can't play certain DVD movies (mostly bootleg or others)

u may need to update the dvd drivers on your PS2, u can obtain the new drivers if u buy PS2 DVD remote.

That will update the drivers, but it requires at least 3MBs of space on our memory card.

if u have the new PS2's(Model # 30001R) u can just flash the BIOS with the disk an not use ur memory card.

an to answer ur last question some of the first generation (95-96) PS1 games wil not work on your PS2. There is a list of PS1 games that Sony has on there site but i lost the link...
Posted By: Crime Re: PS2 - 05/26/02 06:20 AM
and, the PS2 wont play some DVDs no matter what, its just a flaw in the design, Xbox has the same trouble with some DVDs, not as many as PS2 has
Posted By: CryptoKnight Re: PS2 - 05/27/02 11:03 PM
i saw this a long time ago. here is a list of all the dvds that the ps2 has problems with.

ps2 dvd problems
Posted By: B.B.Gambini Re: PS2 - 05/27/02 11:14 PM
hey crypto u said u work for funcoland?
just curious, what is ur store number?
© UGN Security Forum