Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work?

Posted by: Ghost

Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/25/03 08:45 AM

I enjoy playing xbox live very much, but unfourtunatly i have moved to a very rural area in wisconsin and can not get cable or dsl in my area. Instead I am getting ISDN. I know that ISDN has a symetrical upload and download usually of 128 kbps. I know that the upload is fine but am concerned with download. When I had cable I had a download of about 1 mbps. Anyone who has ISDN or knows weather or not i can use ISDN please post an answer.
Posted by: Crime

Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/25/03 09:20 AM

depends on what company you go with, some are compatiable others arent

Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/25/03 10:29 AM

what would make a company compatible, and is it the isp or the phone company.
My isp is PressEnter and My phone company is SBC
Posted by: Ntd

Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/25/03 11:28 AM

It is the isp that has to be compatible, and any isp which is big should be able to play on Xbox live.

Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/25/03 11:49 AM

well i have a smaller isp that provides service to parts of wisconsin and minnesota
Posted by: Ntd

Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/25/03 03:50 PM

well sometimes smaller isp's (don't know if they do this in america) use biggers isp's to provide the servises and as it is a programming issue all you can do is hope that it is the case or swap isp's
Posted by: Crime

Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/26/03 05:51 AM

sorry, but xbox live isnt compatiable with PressEnter, you could prolly try xbox connect

http://www.xbconnect.com

Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/26/03 02:15 PM

that sucks.

Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/30/03 04:52 AM

I finally e-mailed pressenter and they said that as long as you have a router that xbox live is compatible.