UGN Security
Posted By: PychoSamX Best game of ALL time? - 07/14/02 12:02 PM
What do you think is the best game of all time is and why.
Posted By: xero Re: Best game of ALL time? - 07/14/02 04:16 PM
3 words....... TE freakin TRIS

its always fun either when your bored outta your mind, or when your stoned :p
Posted By: Moffesto Re: Best game of ALL time? - 07/14/02 06:45 PM
i like donkey kong country.. the whole series for snes. hmmm... counter strike for pc is my favorite pc game.
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: Best game of ALL time? - 07/14/02 08:27 PM
Well Id say the Mario games, the classic ones though for SNES. or Nintendo its so much fun and the songs are catchy lol. those were so much fun. and a kinda present one would be all the resident evil games. for any system my god I remember the first time i played ResidentEvil2, I wanst even the one playing, but it was scary just watching eek
Posted By: xero Re: Best game of ALL time? - 07/16/02 05:29 AM
lol if u were scared with resident evil u should play silent hill....unlike RE with dogs that jump out of windows and suprise the crap out of you silent hill is just FREAKY...lol
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: Best game of ALL time? - 07/16/02 08:15 AM
oh yeah Silent Hill kicked [censored], but i got stuck in the piano part:(
Posted By: xero Re: Best game of ALL time? - 07/16/02 08:54 AM
play silent hill 2 for ps2, its horror with good graphics lol
Posted By: unreal Re: Best game of ALL time? - 07/16/02 07:44 PM
Oh dude...that's an easy call: The original Super Mario Brothers for Nintendo.
Posted By: CyberNerd Re: Best game of ALL time? - 07/16/02 10:36 PM
Pacman, i mean there are better games but look at it i dont know anyone who cant start a pacman game in the arcade and not sit there for hours. and i mean the original not that crappy stuff they had on the playstation
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: Best game of ALL time? - 07/16/02 11:23 PM
waga waga waga waga waga waga waga waga waga ....
Posted By: Snake Re: Best game of ALL time? - 09/14/02 11:03 AM
For older games i would have to say, ummm, ninja turtles, elevator man, and maybe a classic like load runner, i got to many fav's to go on.
and for more of the modern games i would say 'Zone of the Enders' and 'Metal Gear Solid 2'
Posted By: $500,000 Bentley Re: Best game of ALL time? - 09/15/02 06:51 PM
time crisis.u kno 4 arcade?well dats da game!!!!!!
Posted By: ohfuk Re: Best game of ALL time? - 09/15/02 11:37 PM
time crisis is ok, but nothing compares to Area 51 for arcade games gimme a shot gun and im unstoppable
Posted By: Snake Re: Best game of ALL time? - 09/20/02 07:16 AM
[censored] yes, i remember Area 51!!!
I played it 4 years ago or something but i wont forget how much fun i had on that, a classic!
Posted By: Crime Re: Best game of ALL time? - 09/24/02 05:58 AM
AOE 1, AOE 1:ROR, AOE 2, AOE 2:Conquerors

need i say more ?
Posted By: Japan4 Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/02/03 11:34 PM
Best game ever has to be the original GTA on the pc, the missions and gameplay were just so brilliant
Posted By: jonconley Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/03/03 12:28 AM
Maniac Mansion - NES - Review
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/03/03 01:21 AM
Fallout 1 and 2.
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/03/03 03:52 AM
Maniac Mansion!!! for NES!! yes god how i loved that game, and you found a review, my hero!
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/03/03 04:11 AM
i liked the police quest series by sierra online. i still play that game from time to time.
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/03/03 04:25 AM
If anyone can find me Maniac Mansion for VisualBoy Advanced, the emulator, id appreciate it very much smile
Posted By: Drake Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/03/03 04:35 AM
Area 51 is the best game for arcade. As long as you play it for accuracy instead of kills. If you play for kills it gets gay. Earthbound and Secrets of Mana for Super Nintendo. What was the hand helf by Sony called? Game Gear? That thing was da [censored].
Posted By: Mornse Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/04/03 03:15 AM
Diablo, the original, flat out. No other game did I stay up over night so many times playing. That game is just classic. The only other games that come close are Warcraft 2, CounterStrike and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
Posted By: Asteos Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/04/03 05:19 AM
You guys are all wrong! The original Zelda for NES. Nothing comes close.
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/04/03 05:29 AM
Time Crisis is better than Area 51. You have the ability to duck, unlike area 51. Not mention area 51's awkward graphics and stuff. PLus, Time Crisis: Crisis Zone with the MP5-K is so awesome. Almost everything is destructable.

I don't know what best game of all time is. GTAVC doesn't get old, Dead To Rights is a game easy to pick up and play plus it has hella fun stuff to do. Half-Life has many mods that rule and is fun on it's own. Halo is completely awesome.
Posted By: Asteos Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/05/03 07:03 AM
Any mega man fans? Megaman was pretty dope in its day ... then they came out with the X series :rolleyes:
Posted By: Nagachaak Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/07/03 07:49 PM
how can so many people be so wrong?
of course it's the warcraft series that's the best game(s)
Posted By: Predator Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/07/03 10:22 PM
You all know what's the best game ever, you just don't dare to admit it and that's zelda.
Posted By: Ice Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/08/03 02:46 AM
i think the Best Classic game was mario for the Original Nin = )

With those Cathy Songs = ), Those were the days
Posted By: ohfuk Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/08/03 03:36 AM
save the princes quick
because she wants a dick
and if you, let her free
you get the pussy

hell yeah, super mario brothers, best game ever made

great song too
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/09/03 01:22 AM
lol the mario rap is hilarious.

I hate the new zeldas. The old ones were cool in their time.
Posted By: Optical-Element Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/09/03 02:31 AM
Damn, no one mentioned Final Fantasy 7 at all? What's wrong with you people? I think that had some of the best cinimatic scenes in a game, especially for playstation 1?! Those scenese were really good, my favorite is when the Ultima Weapons are attacking that town w/ the big cannon.. its been awhile i can't remember it all :p
Posted By: Ice Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/09/03 02:42 PM
hmmm i guess 7 was good 2 = )
I liked Diablo that got be Hooked for a while
Same with Diablo 2, I dont play games anymore but those games are really addictive
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/10/03 01:03 AM
Doom was a truly awesome game (for it's time). Yet hmm also Resident Evil was awesome and scared me. Yet best game of all time is really hard to say.
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/11/03 02:31 AM
I might be the only one, but I hate all the Resident Evil games. I own the movie and really like it.

I kind of get what they are trying to do with the game, the way it plays, just I hate that. I think it is ridiculous that you can crush a zombie's skull in with your boot, but if they ever get close to you, you have to let them bite you before you can push them off. If I was in the game, this is what I would think-

"Apparently this gun is useless, so I will ditch it in favor of this axe, which in real life would allow me to cut your head off or split your skull, or crack your rib cage open, and kill you."

An axe would have unlimited ammo, pretty much a one-hit-kill, and work for other things. I think the puzzles are ridiculous, and I find the game pretty much boring overall.

This is personal preference really, games I like have flaws too and it really just depends on what kind of game you wanna play.
Posted By: pergesu Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/11/03 09:26 AM
Pong, bitches.

Diablo was awesome, Diablo II rocked its world. Each act in D2 is the size of the entire game in the first one. That's just awesome.

You guys heard of Fable, which was at first going to be titled Project Ego? It's only for the XBox, but I think it looks to be the best game ever to date. I really can't explain it, and I haven't been able to find anything good online. Read the article in this month's XBox Magazine to see what it's about.
Posted By: AlienTerror Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/11/03 07:56 PM
I like Resident Evil 1&2 they scared the [censored] outta me(I LUVED IT), if you want to experiance the game as good as it can be just sit alone home and play in the dark. Side effects:
You may die of an heart attack in your sleep or you'll wake up and you bed is all wet of both sweat and urin, or you'll just trip in the dark when ur getting to bed and crack youre head, but the most ordinary side effects would be that you can't sleap or you just die of being scared to death.

But you gotta stand the side effects to play the perfect game.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/11/03 09:10 PM
I don't know about all those other games, but for sure Baldur's Gate II is better than Diablo. Haven't played Diablo II so I can't judge it. But for BGII's style (role-playing party top-angled perspective), I can't imagine a game better than Baldur's Gate II in either graphics or plot complexity/flexibility.
Posted By: AlienTerror Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/12/03 08:06 PM
SR do you mean Shadows Of Amn???
Posted By: Nagachaak Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/12/03 10:07 PM
hehe, loved bg2 too, the story was pretty much crap but the power player that i am, i loved to max the chars!!!
Posted By: fleshwound Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/13/03 11:22 AM
i like Perfect Dark for nintendo 64. yep... i think i like it cuz i'm damn good at it. for playstation i really like Risk and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2. 1 sucked.. 3 wasn't too good.. and i haven't played 4. i just assume that one sucks cuz 3 did.

Zelda for nintendo is a really great game too. ooohh and Guantlet. yay!!!
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/13/03 07:19 PM
yes Shadows Of Amn. And I liked the story. :x it has such a complex plot, you could side with shadow thieves, or side with the new guild of vampires and there's all sorts of quests/tasks you don't know where to start.
Posted By: dashocker Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/13/03 10:01 PM
hmm...i'd have to say that Double Dragon game for Atari. It was way fun if you played with two people. But thats not the best ever. Original mario is awesome. That game gets me really pissed off. I think Mario 2 is better though. But thats just me. Diablo II is the best computer game i've ever played. My diablo II disc is [censored] up and wont let me install the multiplayer so i can't upgrade to the expansion that i bought. But overall, Madden 2003 for the PS2 is the best game I've ever played. If you play Franchise mode, its like an RPG with football. awesome. I have to agree that Resident Evil sucks [censored]. WTF is up with human tank controls? Bond for the N64 is the best party game, period. Time Crisis 2 is the best arcade game. Im really getting tired of games like Max Payne, etc. that have like little ammo boxes and health packs and [censored] like that. same with fighting games. if you make a game that simulates real life. there shouldnt be health meters. and you should have to physically remove ammo from an enemies gun after you kill him. theres a game coming out called "the getaway" i think that is supposed to be very realistic in terms of game play. ok, this post is way too long...
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/13/03 10:52 PM
Goldeneye was a great game in it's time. When it came out, it was the game to get for N64. Now, it is not. It can't compete with the graphics and realism of today's games. Halo, for example. Or Agent Under Fire (or, Friendly Fire as I like to call it because of the ridiculous amount of times you will kill yourself) for the PS2.

I would really like to see another street brawler game like Rival Turf or Fighting Force (1, not 2. 2 was a joke. I hated 2.). I like the idea of having a slowly repleneshing health bar instead of health packs. I want a well designed, fun (as in NOT another Gauntlet title), street brawler with fun weapons that don't dissipate after 20 hits (cough cough pipes cough).

Another thing I want is another Time Crisis game. Something that would be is is a duel mode, where player 1 and player 2 can fight each other. It would work like normal gameplay, just both of you can duck. It would probably need other computer players that die easily to keep it from getting boring though. Then, you wouldn't just be fighting the Blue player, but the whole blue team, with your Red team helping you of course.
Posted By: fleshwound Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/14/03 12:05 PM
whoa.. i KNOW you weren't talking [censored] about Guanlet.
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/15/03 09:54 PM
Yes, I was totally trashing on Gauntlet.
Posted By: fleshwound Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/16/03 08:46 AM
you make me sad. boo. frown
Posted By: jonconley Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/16/03 10:27 AM
Gauntlet owns. The only really fun NES game that allowed more than 2 players, for a long time.
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/18/03 06:34 PM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was awesome. That was two players right? Man, i remember liking that game.
Posted By: Ice Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/18/03 08:07 PM
Ya, I bought Perfect Dark for 64 and was amazed.
Sweetest game for that system. Only shity thing was u needed to buy the Expantion pack and put it in.

Anyways Golden Eye was like the first game like that. I remember in grade 8 when everyone was talking about it, When u had the game u were "cool" and people wanted to come over lol
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: Best game of ALL time? - 01/19/03 07:02 AM
Well that was a pain in the [censored] but it was worth it.
© UGN Security Forum