UGN Security
Posted By: ZER0_DECEPTION Windows XP issue - 03/05/08 04:57 AM
I'm trying to fix a problem my friend's computer is having. Every time I log on (to any active account), an installation dialog box appears. If I close it, it immediately reopens itself. At first, it was Coral Paint Pro, but once I removed the program, the same dialog box appears for Sonic Updater. However, even after I deleted that program, it continues to return and will not go away.

I've tried running several anti-virus programs, which found a trojan the first scan (successfully deleted) and has not found a thing since. Once when I shut the computer down, a dialog box stated a program was having difficulty closing: shelllconhiddenwindow. When I looked at the boot configuration (msconfig command, not in the bios), I noticed several start-up programs that were missing either description or name (all with this problem had nonsense for the name (if a name at all)). In addition, they're all located in the windows32 folder, which I scanned with no apparent problems. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Windows XP issue - 03/05/08 07:25 AM
shelllconhiddenwindow is the prompt from MusicMatch Jukebox; either reinstall it or uninstall it if you don't use it.
© UGN Security Forum