UGN Security
Posted By: Paragon Stupid Microsoft - 06/24/02 01:23 PM
Link .
Posted By: bor Re: Stupid Microsoft - 06/25/02 05:03 AM
This is just stupid.

If people would just use common sense, and not have outlook automatically download email, then we wouldnt have a virus problem. Or if people would just use condoms...

People are just going to find ways around it. This is just toing to be a hastle to install software and everything. And what about when someone wants to make a new program? I'm guessing there's going to be some pretty high licensing fees just to allow something to run on windows.
Posted By: Paragon Re: Stupid Microsoft - 06/25/02 12:01 PM
Exactly!
Seems like they don't want other people writing programs or something. Let's overthrow M$ & all go for Linux! wink
Posted By: unreal Re: Stupid Microsoft - 06/26/02 09:43 AM
Naw...I love my Flight Sim 2002. lol
Posted By: bor Re: Stupid Microsoft - 06/26/02 03:26 PM
I used to be a flight sim nut when 98 first came out. That's all i did. When's the next flight sim come out? Haven't used one forever.

Hell, i even used to do VAs. I'm such a nerd.
Posted By: Rican_havock Re: Stupid Microsoft - 03/06/03 06:48 PM
i wish i could learn Linux frown
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Stupid Microsoft - 03/06/03 06:54 PM
Its quite easy lol... Linux isn't difficult at all if you have the patience to get used to it :x...
Posted By: Rican_havock Re: Stupid Microsoft - 03/06/03 06:59 PM
I'll try this weekend when i get the book an put together a machine with parts i got laying around.
Posted By: Ares Re: Stupid Microsoft - 03/06/03 10:16 PM
Well id use linux if i could get a good disk that actually worked arg... that [censored] sent me another copy of redhat 8.0 same error.. Pissed me off so i told him to send me my money back
Posted By: ninjaneo Re: Stupid Microsoft - 07/08/03 03:59 AM
why don't you goto www.slackware.org and click GetSlack.
Posted By: UndeadBob Re: Stupid Microsoft - 07/08/03 08:14 PM
i love slackware. it's all iuse now. i have tried other distro's like red hat and mandrake when i was new to linux (i still am really) but i had loads of problems with them. so one day i tried slackware and it installed fine and i have never had any problems with it. another i recommend is knoppix. it boots and runs straight off cd. a nice compact linux distro.
going back to micro$oft and pallidium. i have been following it for a while. microsoft is teaming up with amd and intel to produce hardware that only runs the software they want. it is their attempt to destroy the competition. idea's about it that are floating around are one like only palladium based machine will be able to connect to each other etc. microsoft is rying to kill off the open source/freeware community.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Stupid Microsoft - 07/09/03 01:34 PM
i've tried desperately to install slack, redhat, or mandrake on my old computer but none of them have been successful. i will have to try this knoppix thing you mentioned.
Posted By: AlienTerror Re: Stupid Microsoft - 07/09/03 06:53 PM
Is this going on a path out of topic?

well anyway i would see that new os as a challenge smile And lets hope It's damn expensive so people won't buy it wink Or they just stick with any "old fashion" os...
Posted By: ninjaneo Re: Stupid Microsoft - 07/10/03 06:22 AM
umm. Linux is based on an Open Source idea.. as in the source is public and its free.
© UGN Security Forum