UGN Security
Posted By: Triple M there is my stupid mistake....please help - 11/19/02 04:44 AM
I want to crack my computer. (Not kidding)
I used windoze XP Pro and the Admin password mixed by the 4 things below

1. 5 Capital Letter
2. 5 normal Letter
3. 1 " * "
4. 2 " - "
Total 13 caracters.
Please understand that I don't want a clean and re-install. Because all program
have been download from "somewebsite" and I want to keep them fine in my
computer.

Please give me your advice.
Thanks in advanced
Posted By: Mornse Re: there is my stupid mistake....please help - 11/19/02 11:32 PM
What are you talking about? Are you trying to crack the passwords for your computer? If that's the case, you need to get the SAM file from C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM but you can't be running windows when you get this file, so you have to boot to DOS with a floppy that has NTFS (search on google for that program), and then copy the SAM file to your floppy, reboot to windows and use lc3 to crack the file. Get lc3 from http://www.l0pht.com (that's a zero, not a capital o). If that's not what you are talking about, well, then I have no clue what you are talking about.
What OS are you running? Password recovery will vary depending on which version of windows you are using.

And if you wanna crack a 13 char password with special chars be prepared to wait awhile unless you have a fast computer to do it on. I used L0pht to crack an 11 char pass with special chars and it took 3 dyas on a PIII 933mhz.

sum
if your tryin to get past a logon password, you might try removing the battery on the motherboard, i believe that will clear it
The battery will work only if it's a bios password. Remove the battery on your mobo and leave it off for a minute or two. That should reset it.
Posted By: samy Re: there is my stupid mistake....please help - 09/08/04 08:30 AM
to recover hotmail password ..are there any way?
Quote:
Originally posted by samy:
No, and it's against the rules to ask how to hack into an email account.
Posted By: samy Re: there is my stupid mistake....please help - 09/08/04 10:47 PM
sorry its my account in my name since 9 years but i did a change 10 days ago in my password then i forgot it next day ..even my secert answear i gouldnt remmber as it bwas done in 1997?
Posted By: samy Re: there is my stupid mistake....please help - 09/08/04 11:05 PM
couldnt answer
Quote:
sorry its my account in my name since 9 years but i did a change 10 days ago in my password then i forgot it next day ..even my secert answear i gouldnt remmber as it bwas done in 1997?
And how are we to verify that it is indeed YOUR account? Exactly, no way. If you tuely own the account you'd have goen through the "Forgot Password" process and been done with it already.
Posted By: Chem Re: there is my stupid mistake....please help - 09/09/04 07:48 AM
Quote:
Go to hotmail.com and click on "forgot my password".
Posted By: samy Re: there is my stupid mistake....please help - 09/12/04 07:07 AM
ohh well if you can help its fine, but tell me do you remmber too many things from your 1997??
Posted By: MESELF Re: there is my stupid mistake....please help - 03/15/05 10:26 AM
I'm not exactly sure how an 11 char password took 3 days. When I've tried to crack mine (8 char, 1 special char, 1 uppercase letter, 4 lowercase letters, two numbers) it said it would take about 100 years. Unless you are talking about using l0pht's hybrid dictionary attack?
Posted By: Girlie Re: there is my stupid mistake....please help - 03/15/05 10:52 AM
ummm....buddy you just bumped a year old thread...
I used to have this CD. Te Ultimate boot disk. It would not crack a password but would write to the .sam file and over write the admin password. This might be a quicker solution.

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
Quote:
Originally posted by MESELF:
I'm not exactly sure how an 11 char password took 3 days. When I've tried to crack mine (8 char, 1 special char, 1 uppercase letter, 4 lowercase letters, two numbers) it said it would take about 100 years. Unless you are talking about using l0pht's hybrid dictionary attack?
Nope, it had to go to bruteforce. It guess it after only 3 days. The total time to run bruteforce was 80-some days IIRC. It got lucky and hit it sooner.
Posted By: MESELF Re: there is my stupid mistake....please help - 03/28/05 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Count Bishula:
ummm....buddy you just bumped a year old thread...
whoops, good call there. my bad.
© UGN Security Forum