UGN Security
Posted By: Artic Warrior Windows media player Q - 06/22/06 04:15 AM
Ok so I got some songs from the Lion the witch and the wardrobe movie and ripped them of the cd onto my pc using media player but it has put a protection on them. I can listen to them on media player and winamp but I have been using iTunes for ages now and the damm thing wont play them. Now my cd is in Sydney which is 7hrs away at a friends home so I can t re re rip the songs.
Im not even sure if I can burn them onto a cd and then rip them off without the protection?
So can I remove the protection so it will play on iTunes?
Posted By: Defcon Re: Windows media player Q - 06/22/06 04:43 PM
Actually you could burn the songs onto a cd, a regular old music cd, not a data cd or anything like that, you could in theory rip them off the CD using iTunes and that should allow them to play. The protection scheme you are talking about probably has something to do with the media format you selected.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Windows media player Q - 06/22/06 08:58 PM
Why don't people use AudioGrabber to rip things anymore? It's the best ripper there is, and it rips without any "protection"... Not to mention it's free... AND supports VBR lol...
Posted By: Defcon Re: Windows media player Q - 06/26/06 12:35 AM
I know, but that requires downloading stuff. Most people rip with iTunes and WMP because it's all they know. Thanks Apple and Microsoft.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Windows media player Q - 06/26/06 02:57 AM
Tools, then they cry about DRM smirk
Posted By: Defcon Re: Windows media player Q - 06/27/06 04:36 PM
Which is a legitimate thing to cry about. Though Sun is working on an Open DRM project that could make life a little easier. The most basic issues about DRM could be resolved if every manufacturer used the same damn scheme. Also a much easier method of keeping track of licenses would be great too.
© UGN Security Forum