UGN Security
Posted By: haxingu Internet for Unix - 01/18/04 04:44 PM
If I switch to a Unix-based OS, will I still be able to browse the internet? What about music? I would like to be able to listen to some whenever I work on something on my computer but I am not sure if I would be able to or not.
Thank you for your time.
Posted By: AnthonyVSD Re: Internet for Unix - 01/18/04 04:51 PM
There's a thread dedicated to Linux-related material, which is what you need to read.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Internet for Unix - 01/18/04 08:47 PM
Linux uses the same TCP/IP protocol as Windows. Just doesn't use the same dialup manager.
Posted By: Infinite Re: Internet for Unix - 01/19/04 04:25 AM
THe short answer is Yes, you can do everything in Unix that you can do in windows.
Posted By: pergesu Re: Internet for Unix - 01/19/04 03:53 PM
Keep in mind though, that you'll only be able to use the Unix portion of the internet. The internet is divided into sections for each OS, so right now you can access the Windows Internet, but not the Unix Internet. This is why most of us have multiple machines, or set our machines to dual boot - so we can access both Internets.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Internet for Unix - 01/20/04 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pergesu:
Keep in mind though, that you'll only be able to use the Unix portion of the internet. The internet is divided into sections for each OS, so right now you can access the Windows Internet, but not the Unix Internet. This is why most of us have multiple machines, or set our machines to dual boot - so we can access both Internets.
:x
© UGN Security Forum