UGN Security
Posted By: Moffesto linux and drivers - 07/10/02 05:42 PM
i linux good with installing drivers on its own... like xp or do u have to find drivers yourself and install them?
Posted By: Moffesto Re: linux and drivers - 07/10/02 05:44 PM
im referring to mandrake 8.2 wink
Posted By: xero Re: linux and drivers - 07/14/02 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moffesto:
i linux good with installing drivers on its own... like xp or do u have to find drivers yourself and install them?
err im sorry i dont follow...lol mind rephrasing that?
Posted By: Moffesto Re: linux and drivers - 07/14/02 05:31 AM
is* I FORGOT THE DAMN "S". and what i mean is... will linux install all the hardware on its own or do i have to search the net for damn drivers to make everything work properly in linux. I hope that helps wink
Posted By: mtlhd Re: linux and drivers - 07/14/02 06:02 AM
You normally wouldn't have to search for any. That is if your graphics card or sound card or something isn't supported by your distro. Other wise you'd have to go look somewhere. You can search for hardware compatibility at mandrakes website just incase you ddin't know already:
Hardware search
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: linux and drivers - 07/15/02 11:40 PM
No it's not auto detect like XP. However it depends, linux should support all sorts of stuff, as long it's not a win thing, like a winmodem. If there are linux drivers, great. If not, sure you can download em... There are plenty of sites that tell you how to install such also.
Posted By: Mornse Re: linux and drivers - 07/19/02 04:38 AM
Lot's of distros have drivers that you can install, but like hKzKnight said, it doesn't automatically detect them, you have to select them.
© UGN Security Forum